OK big decision to make.....

Parkranger

Visit site
Well not really that big but a decision non the less.

I was originally going to do a walk and trot test with the boy on 26th November. We're still trying to get our canter right so decided that Walk and Trot is the way forward for our first go.

Just found out there's a drag hunt on the same day also quite near us.......jumps are all optional and only up to 2ft 6 so sounds ideal. The huntmaster emailed me and said that we should be fine - seems like a nice guy.....

So which do I blow out? I'm told that I gallop around too much but that's what we enjoy
grin.gif
although my sensible side says, do the dressage.......
frown.gif

PinkFairy

Visit site
well surely you will get a chance to do either one again? So maybe choose whichever you would prefer to do..? If you enjoy galloping around but are entered in a walk and trot test, maybe do the hunt then next time, do dressage? if that helps

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
depends what you want to do with him in the long run really. I am sure he already knows how to gallop around but as you say you are having trouble with canter and maybe work that is more disciplined. If you just want to have fun with him then go on the ride, if you want more then go to the dressage and see what happens.
I am sure you will have fun whatever you choose.
best wishes
Dawn

Parkranger

Visit site
mmmmm, majority are on my wave length! I know what I want to do but my sensible side says do the dressage.

Hoping to take him hunting on my own on Boxing day so maybe it's more sensible to go out with a friend hunting in November - then atleast I won't be cacking it on Boxing day......

See, I'm talking myself into the enevitable! x

Parkranger

Visit site
Yes, but atleast he won't be cantering around corners!!
grin.gif

Seriously he's fine out hacking it's in the school - I suppose he's got used to using one lead in canter out hacking so trying to get him to use the other now out hacking.......
smirk.gif

Fiona

Visit site
Sorry to but in...and may seem like an odd Q as I live in NI!
However my brother lives on the Surrey/Hampshire border, and the drag hunt you are going on sounds ideal for him.
You couldn't let me know the details could you????
Many thanks
Fiona

Parkranger

Visit site
Hi Fiona - It's the Berks hunt I believe and it's in Highclere.....the link is on my other post about things to do near Andover on Boxing Day ....