Ok bits again really need your help peep's

Scoopy

Visit site
Ok what would you sugest !

My TB is very light in your hand and dressage is never a problem, XC he goes in a 2 ring happy mouth gag we get into a great stride and i have brakes and never fights the bit or flicks head, now SJ is a different matter, he gets very excited and hates the poll pressure, and he start to flick his head, so what is your sugestions for the SJ, something with no poll pressure ! but still has brakes
confused.gif
(but want something simple)

Thankies all
laugh.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
I have mine in a ported, but he has no mouth. We have a tb in the yard that doesnt need such a harsh one, so he is in a happymouth jointed pelham, it depends how your horse takes to a ported mouthpiece, some of them lean.

vic07

Visit site
can you increase the severity of your snaffle. for example dr bristol rather than a french link. Could also try a sweet iron french link or maybe one with the ridges and rings on.

katelarge

Visit site
I'm generally not a fan of pelhams used as brakes, even though they can work on some horses. If he doesn't like poll action then even on roundings it might be too much for him. A Dr Bristol is one idea, what about a waterford snaffle - I know they divide people so don't faint or anything... a tricky one though... x

lizstuguinness

Visit site

it may be that you need to get his poll/neck/back checked.
i suggest this coz it strange that he is resisiting the poll pressure whilst sj but not xc, which leads me to think that coz more collected work/poll flexion is required for sj, it may be hurting him.