Ok contacted stud....

MillionDollar

Visit site
Contacted the stud about the colt im interested in and here is the reply-

Yes he is for sale - he had been sold to Germany but unfortunately had an eye injury so has been taken off the market until he is fully healed. It is a slow healing process which may leave some minor scarring in the form of a paler area in the eye. I anticipate putting him back on the market when he is fully healed and weaned next year. I leave foals on as long as possible so he will not be weaned until much later on provided both he and his dam are both thriving and doing well.

As a guide price he was advertised at £**** so it is likely that if I advertise him in the Spring I would be looking to get this sort of figure for him depending upon the extent of any scarring. All of my foals are fully handled, weaned and eating hard feed before they leave at all. I breed for a hobby and do my utmost to ensure foals get the best start possible and the right home for them.

So what do you think to this? Do you think i should leave it because of the eye injury? Will it effect him in the show ring?

Any comments/opinions appreciated!

Clairex

annie02

Visit site
Eye injuries are tough, it really depends on how the vision is effected or could be effected later on. It might make the price negotiable though. What do you want him to do?

I know a horse with only one eye who does competitive dressage but I think he would have problems with depth perception if you wanted to jump.

MillionDollar

Visit site
This is exactly what i've been thinking, i don't want a foal with problems or could have problems. Plus they want £3,500 and it said they'd still be looking for this even with the injury which i think is too much.
frown.gif
Ihave asked more about it and see what they say. Just typical as i was looking forward to it.