OK fetlock is still big

parsley

Visit site
Bomber's rear fetlock is still swollen - I noticed it on Saturday - the joint is swollen, there is a little bit of heat in it, he is not at all lame and will happily stand on the leg while resting the other, I found a very small scab today (and picked it off). I have been hosing it twice a day for 20 mins at a time and then rubbing in udder mint. Sometimes I think it is a bit smaller but then somebody comes and says "ooooh thats worse!". He is turned out 24 hours a day.

The vet says she will need to come out to him Friday if it hasn't gone down.

ANY IDEAS??????? what could be causing it and how to make it go away
frown.gif
I would say poor chap but he couldn't care less - I am the one who is worrying about it
smirk.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Does he live out? Does it go down with exercise? If you press your finger into the swelling does it leave an indentation? If so, this is oedema and not serious. Can't think what else it would be except that if doesn't hurt him I wouldn't be too worried.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
If theres a small mark its likely to be a bit of an infection. 3 days of Trimediazine powders/penicillin and bute and it should go away. The longer you leave it the longer these sort of things tend to hang around.

parsley

Visit site
OK - thank you. I will do as the vet says and see if it has magically dissapeared tommorow but will take him in if not.

parsley

Visit site
BTW it is not at all soft - it it just feel like the rest of the leg. So much so that I am wondering if I just havn't noticed it for all these months of ownership
blush.gif
I hope the vet would have noticed it at his vetting though. I will be sooooooooooooooooooooo embarresed if this was the case
blush.gif
blush.gif

parsley

Visit site
Its hard to tell when you are leading him but he is sound when he trots up to me in the field. (hmmm that sounds a bit pathetic
grin.gif
)

parsley

Visit site
Thanks - I will see you if you are still about - ATM youngest daughter is asleep on me and I have to go to Tesco as everybody thinks they are starving as they had to have a sandwich for dinner last night
tongue.gif
I will definatly be there this evening though

EllieBeast

Visit site
lol! well i have a lesson at 6pm, so will be around for quite a while before and after sorting random things out, and catching up on the gossip!
Sarah xXx