Ok folks....the wait is over (hopefully..!!)

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I thought that for the price, if he is a genuine chap, then he is a good purchase! If he were an inch bigger I may have been going to Merseyside (see, I was interested enough to have a look where he was!).

Actually I quite liked the look of him too! - nothing much there to ring alarm bells that a good bit of correct consistent work might improve hugely IMO. I think he could be a rather surprisingly nice looking cob in a couple of years. I do suspect he might be a tad younger than they are saying. But apart from that yes I have to admit I did quickly do some sums and checked was it worth a quick trip over on the ferry to just have a little peep at him :D

Goldenstar

Visit site
Has everyone gone overboard on this one because SLH has had one they thought was ok fail the vet? For the price, allowing for his age and obvious lack of muscle, and naff photos, I think that's a fair enough horse who will look totally different at eight and make someone a good friend and lower level RC horse. Not SLH though, because I'd be surprised if he's 16 hands and any way he won't carry her weight yet.

At any price I would not consider a horse built that croup high .
Now of course it could be a trick of the photo but I would not be driving to find out .

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
The first photo is very unflattering... He doesn't look so croup high in the others.
He doesn't look as though he's finished growing either.

Goldenstar

Visit site
They can be very uncomfortable, prone to back problems when older , can be a nightmare to fiit saddles to as well and they can be always on their forehand and consequently wear their forelegs .

LaurenBay

Visit site
Jesus SLH, what a drama for you, I am sorry that it didn't work out with this mare and I am even more sorry for how this has unfolded. Any decent person would have given the deposit back right away. It is possible that they did not know the Horse had issues, after all this is what vettings are for, but rather then apologising and handing the money back. They have chose to be very unpleasant and it must be very stressful for you. I hope you get your money back OP and I hope the Horse can be helped with his medical issues and go to a lovely home.

JFTDWS

Visit site
My downhill little QH is extremely comfortable and no harder to fit a saddle to than my natives. She's not as extreme as that first photo looks, but I could probably take a photo of her that looks similar if I tried - I took one of her standing on a slope the other day which makes her look ludicrous!

(Disclaimer: she's actually very nice, for her type, other than being slightly downhill as you'd expect for a QH)

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
That's because he isn't that croup high. He is stood on rising ground.

He could be on rising ground, I'm finding it hard to tell.
That numnah boggles the eyes as well.. I thought he had a massive saddle at first.

SpringArising

Visit site
While he's not my type, the more I look at him and read his advert, the more I like him.

There are a few things that aren't doing him justice - the saddle is too long in the back for him and sitting too far forward in the first pic, he's standing down hill, slightly camped out and close behind, he's weak, he could do with a good mane pull and those half-on-half-off feathers being clipped off. Mostly superficial.

I bet he doesn't need the shoes he's wearing and with some TCL and hill work would be a really sweet sort. Looking at the pic he's got a cracking jump as well.

Syndicate anyone?

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
While he's not my type, the more I look at him and read his advert, the more I like him.

There are a few things that aren't doing him justice - the saddle is too long in the back for him and sitting too far forward in the first pic, he's standing down hill, slightly camped out and close behind, he's weak, he could do with a good mane pull and those half-on-half-off feathers being clipped off. Mostly superficial.

I bet he doesn't need the shoes he's wearing and with some TCL and hill work would be a really sweet sort. Looking at the pic he's got a cracking jump as well.

Syndicate anyone?

not my type either but for a 2.5k horse that has a pop, hacks alone, is good in traffic and is a popular type-well, there's been adverts linked to alot worse and had I been looking I would have enquired. I still think people are confused as to what the budget means, what the horse would be used for or forget that not everyone needs a horse that will do well in the show ring.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
A tip for looking at bad horse photos and buying a bargain no-one else can see in the photo.

Get a piece of paper with a straight edge. Put it under the bottom of the horse's feet so it is stood just on the edge of the paper. Rotate your device until the paper is level, and then look at the horse.

Tadaa! Horse is 50% better than it was 🤗

little_critter

Visit site
A tip for looking at bad horse photos and buying a bargain no-one else can see in the photo.

Get a piece of paper with a straight edge. Put it under the bottom of the horse's feet so it is stood just on the edge of the paper. Rotate your device until the paper is level, and then look at the horse.

Tadaa! Horse is 50% better than it was 🤗
Unless of course the horse genuinely has one leg shorter than the other...then you're screwed ;)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It is also important whether the photo is taken from the 'centre' of the horse. and that one half isn't closer to the camera than the other as rotation then won't work.

luckyoldme

Visit site
There s a lot wrong with this thread.
I’m not meaning to start an argument here, but can I just get something straight in my head.

OP, saw horse advertised, viewed and put £200 deposit down on horse to hold until vetting? Is this correct?

Seller did not let anyone view horse, therefore could have potentially lost a sale?

2 stage vetting held, vet did not fail the horse but suggested OP may have problems in the future? OP decided not to purchase horse?

Am I correct so far? Or have missed anything?

The seller initially refused to return deposit but is now blackmailing OP to remove this post and then she has agreed to refund?

But, and I’m not saying it’s something I would do as I would refund the deposit, surely seller could argue that she has turned away potential sales, may have to pay to re-advertise, livery costs etc and is entitled to keep the deposit as the horse didn’t ‘fail’ the vetting?

I have never left a deposit on a horse myself, simply because vettings are not pass or fail anymore and I’m really sorry that the OP is out of pocket, but perhaps a lesson to be learned here fo us all.

OP I do hope you get your money back 🤞🤞
Yep but h and h is judge and jury therefore the seller is to be publicly hung drawn and quartered. I cant express myself very well and of course the buyer should be refunded.. but the witch hunt mentality of this forum gets out of hand at times

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Right in the interests of getting my money back asap I have contacted Admin to remove the thread. Everything has been screenshot Ted and will be put straight back up if the seller does not keep to her word, also that would look even worse for her.
ETA: I now have official confirmation that I DO have a case through court. The downside is that it can take a fair bit of time. Plus I don't like the person I am over all this. I just want my deposit back fairly.

Last edited:

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
There s a lot wrong with this thread.

Yep but h and h is judge and jury therefore the seller is to be publicly hung drawn and quartered. I cant express myself very well and of course the buyer should be refunded.. but the witch hunt mentality of this forum gets out of hand at times

Agree.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Ouch that's me told ..will remember to agree wholeheartedly and unquestionly with anything you say in future

I think you may have taken my post the wrong way. I can appreciate you dont agree with things that have been said. What I meant (I didn't word it well sorry) is that posting keeps fetching the thread back up and I'm trying to allow the dust to settle somewhat so this can be sorted. I hope you understand.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I don't mean to give this a bump but you may find you struggle to get this removed. Years ago now I was in a similar position, got very excited about a new horse only for him to end up with a huge question mark over him at the vetting that meant whilst he could do the job I wanted at the current time, the vet felt a year from then it may be a very different matter. I decided to walk away, but in my initial excitement had included a link to the ad and many pics of him, I'd even included his name in the title so the whole thing was very identifying! Years later that thread still exists despite several requests to remove it. Hopefully because of the pending court case they may be more obliging in this case, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Lakeside1988

Visit site
I do hope this has been sorted now, unable to sleep and read whole thread in interest whilst looking for vetting advice. Thanks for sharing OP