OK I need to know ...........

What should i do???

• Total voters

JAK

Visit site
OK, nearer 75% of the time tbh but it is a nice place to be really!
smile.gif

Fellow liveries (though filthy, lazy, untidy oiks!) are generally very friendly & nice & YO (though a bit too nice sometimes!) is a lovely person & a lot of fun to be around!

Facilities are cr*p, stables are practically falling down, storage is pants, school is nigh on bl**dy useless & grazing is rubbish but.......
Ponies are all very happy i& contented n their little 'herds', all love their stables & are generally very relaxed & happy, so there you go!
smile.gif

parsley

Visit site
Good!
smile.gif
I wonder if people only post about thier yard horror stories - I suppose a post about how nice everything is wouldn't be quite so riveting as a post about how awful it all is
grin.gif

rach1984horse

Visit site
My yard is v.nice. Just my 2 + YO's horses as we don't do lively anymore. Can be a bit lonely as never have anyone to ride with. But there is no yard polotics to contend with.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I like my yard, we all get on really well. The facilities aren't the best in the world, but the atmosphere is great as well as my YO, and all the horses and ponies are happy.
smile.gif

becca_chick

Visit site
I love my livery yard sometimes but on a weekend its awful because its a riding school as well the kids take over and its to much, o and also mentioning no name the staff can be a bit slack!!!

ruscara

Visit site
My yard is great! Everyone gets on very well, we all help each other without being interfering and there is absolutely no bitchiness. There are twelve horses and eight owners. We have no worries about our stuff going walkabout, although we lend and borrow things freely; and we all look after our horses in much the same way, so the horses have a routine and we all muck in if someone is ill or away so we don't have to worry about them. I love my yard.

sham

Visit site
My yards ok. Absoloutly no facilities, other liveries bore me senseless, the grazings is appauling.

However the YO is really nice, and open to suggestions(although it takes about 3 years for her to get round to doing something simple..like re newing the fencing)
And the main thing is the horses seem happy.

flohelf

Visit site
If you'd like to know about French livery yards: Good ones are really hard to find so I'd say I'm pretty lucky with mine.
Just like Drunken... The other liveries bore me stiff but aside from that, YO obssessed with horse welfare and well being which is fine by me !
wink.gif
Decent facilities but not enough grass as we are in the south and it's roasting in summer.
One major pb: Hacking out is very limited and the French have NO RESPECT for horses and riders
mad.gif

hairycob

Visit site
My yard is:
Price - very good
Location - very good
Friendliness - very good
Facilities - poor - we've made a couple of jumps from bits & peices, but no school
Maintenance - very bad & heading to concern
So I've voted ok on balance, but if no maintenance soon I might change my mind.

VikkiBP

Visit site
Mine's well equipped, good maintenance, just too many horses now, or should that be too many owners, could do with another 2 arenas
smile.gif

Bri

Visit site
I love my yard, YO and the majority of the people on it. There's one person who can be irritating...but isn't there always!!

Puppy

Visit site
I have only ever been happy at one livery yard I was at, and that was sold and turned into a right sh!thole!!
frown.gif

So now I rent my own grazing. I miss the school and jumps, but not the politics - oh, and is so nice to have an effective worming programme, which was never possible when sharing fields with others.

burtie

Visit site
I really like my yard, had the odd very minor 'discussions' with YM over the years, but I've been there almost 9 years now so I must like it!

Obviously not everything is perfect for me, but you won't get that anywhere.
I have been told there is some bitichiness, but to be honest I'm so thick skinned I'd not notice if people were being bitchy to my face let alone behind my back, so it all goes completely by me.
grin.gif