OK, just call me a SHEEP - what breed?

S_N

Visit site
No one genuinely knows, though lots of ideas have been banded around over the years.

He's 15hh
MonsterBerry0011.jpg

MonsterBerry0010.jpg

MonsterBerry0014.jpg

MonsterBerry0013.jpg

MonsterBerry0012.jpg

Do excuse my position - these were all taken BEFORE I learnt HOW to ride, rather than just sit like a pleb (not that I am much better now, but hey
grin.gif
)

the watcher

Visit site
While on the ears..they don't look at all welsh so maybe not Sect D, I have seen some good size NF types who have the appearance of being full horses.
The colouring suggests something native in there

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like he'd make a lovely hunter.
I don't know about pony origins as he has horse length ears.... Maybe something Draft + TB ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

He LOVED his hunting - well cubbing tbh. He was SOOOO wicked I wasn't allowed to take him hunting - Master said I could go, but not on him
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Everything about him is HORSE, not pony, it's only his legs that forgot to grow! He's a sausage horse
grin.gif
He takes 6'3" to 6'6" rugs
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
have i missed something have you a new horse.?

ID x ???

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - no, this is my old boy! He's now rising 22, or is it 23
confused.gif
These pics were all taken about 10 to 13 years ago. He now does RDA riding and driving and will be coming back to me in his retirement. He is the bestest dude in the universe!!

SSM

Visit site
Okay out of my way all of you!!!!! I would like to suggest (yes you can grown now!) that this beautiful many shades of bay
blush.gif
) horse might have a bit of the old Cleveland Bay in it!!!

Why I hear you ask, look at that big kind honest eye, that nice big head with the slight romanesque nose, those beautiful blue front hooves (won't mention those white things at the back), feather free legs, good depth of bone and finally that lovely deep chest - deep enough to park a bus under!!!

Come on then shoot me down this time!!!!!!!!!!!

S_N

Visit site
LMAO!!! Do CB's have enormous feets too? Their slightly chopped off in this pic, but still!!
MonsterBerry0007.jpg

Also, meant to ask you what you think of Pembridge Midshipman?

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I agree, I thought a dash of CB with some Irish and maybe a bit of Welsh. Lovely ned though whatever his breed!

[/ QUOTE ]

We (being me, and instructors at college when I was a student), that he was 1/4 CB, 1/4 ID and 1/2 Welsh - whether sec C or D who knows.

SSM

Visit site
Yes Cleveland's do have enormous feet - and you know about it when they stand on you!!!!!!

Re Pembridge - he is rather tasty, however if you look at his breeding he has Mulgrave on both sides of the family just one generation apart (kin bred them Clevelands can be
smirk.gif
) That would be my concern, but I would be looking at breeding with a purebred who also has some Mulgrave in her (not to be confused with Mulgrave Supreme)

S_N

Visit site
LMAO! Shall I tell you a secret - we had a rhyme for Berry when I was at college. He was hogged fo some of the time too and I've NEVER forgotten this

"Bald Bery big nose, he has GREAT BIG toes,
Short, fat and round and close to the ground"

Bless him
laugh.gif

Yeah, I noticed that about PM. I do REALLY like Journeyman - how hard is it to get his semen in the UK now that he is in the USA?