ok well here goes.....

Hattikins

Visit site
Borde Hill intro....

Hattie was a superstar, did a good dressage, not as nice as Mattingley and she slipped on the grass clippings that was sitting on the mown arenas, was genuinely gobsmacked to get a score of 27.4
smile.gif
grin.gif

We were very soggy by 10am and the ground was looking increasingly greasy, and she slipped pretty badly in the SJ coming into the double at 5 but she recovered well and jumped clear
smile.gif

Onto the XC and i was pretty nervy as this time last year we were E'd at the 3rd fence in the 2'6'' hunter trial!!
blush.gif
She was ridiculous out of the start box, and i slightly panicked thinking she was reverting back to how she used to be, but once over the first fence she slipped into 6th gear and away we went
smile.gif
the ground by the time i went round at 11.30 was absolutely perfect
grin.gif
and the fences jumped really nicely, she stormed all the way round until the water where i kept her cantering down to it because i knew she would look at it and i knew that if she stopped several strides out it was unlikely i would ever get her in it. So 2 strides out she slammed on "OMG its water" brakes and i lost a stirrup
tongue.gif
managed to get her in the water and she then proceeded to spend over 20seconds walking unbelieveably slowly through it, Mum said we took so long she thought we were having scuba diving lessons on our way through!!!
blush.gif
wink.gif
Once we eventually got to the edge of the water she rocketed home but clever clogs clocked up 6.8 times penalties!!
blush.gif

But to my and Mum's surprise a final score of 34.2 was enough to win!!!
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
and no one in my section managed to get inside the optimum time. So im over the moon, i cant ask any more from my girlie, but today did confirm why she is still competing at intro level, she still potentially could have water issues and she was particularly wobbly at times today, i want her to gain confidence which she is but its going to take a bit more time i think
wink.gif

anyway sorry if you got bored reading this!! BIG choccy cookies to anyone who managed to read my report
wink.gif
grin.gif

ElleJS

Visit site
just fab- nothing beats being on a role!
Please say you are going to do the intro championships- you must be the favourite to win!

Hattikins

Visit site
absolutely beaming
grin.gif
its just hard to explain without you all having a sit on her why we are keeping her at intro for one more event - she is sooooooo full of confidence but she just goes all baby on me every so often and i would just not be strong enough over a PN course to persuade her that jumping a particularly scary fence was a good idea - i cant wait to take her PN but just not yet!!

Hattikins

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
just fab- nothing beats being on a role!
Please say you are going to do the intro championships- you must be the favourite to win!

[/ QUOTE ]

yes im doing the IRF at milton keynes so we'll see what happens, sods law i will ride like a wally but there we go - that's life and horses at the end of the day
grin.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
Based on the OMG at the water I can understand why your sticking to intro for one more especially when you are only just old enough to go PN, its better to be confident at the lower level than going to PN and it all going wrong.

Hattikins

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You really are doing well, 3 wins on the trot. You must be beaming!

[/ QUOTE ]

i've nick named her "Hat trick Hattie" because she's never going to repeat 3 wins in a row again and its kinda catchy!!!
wink.gif

sarahs

Visit site
Well done !!!
You were in my section, next time i see that your in my section im going to ask to swap!
The sj was twisty, i had a bit of a scary moment at 5 aswell!
I was double clear with time pents and my dresage wasnt anywhere near yours!
Well done once again - what was your prize?

eventingdiva

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
've nick named her "Hat trick Hattie" because she's never going to repeat 3 wins in a row again and its kinda catchy!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
You never know...3 badmintons/olympic gold medals...
grin.gif
x

Hattikins

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You never know...3 badmintons/olympic gold medals... x

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and Mum joked that me and Hatts had won our own "intro grand slam"
grin.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
Well done Sarahs!!!!!!!
grin.gif
the SJ was incredibly twisty wasnt it!!!!
blush.gif
what number were you?? urm i won £35 kindly given by Horses in sport
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Thankyou Vic07
smile.gif
how did you get on today??
smile.gif

helenandshadow

Visit site
Massive well done for today!!!!
laugh.gif
Love reading your reports!
grin.gif
Like the nickname btw!
wink.gif
Good idea to stick to Intro until you're both 100% confident to go PN though. Best of luck for the regional final!
smile.gif

Saf

community.webshots.com
Was at 6 and 7
grin.gif
she is lovely. You have lovely position
tongue.gif

I was meant to be riding a baby today but she would not load
shocked.gif
and Saf still off work so no rides till Great Tew