Old ads - when to assume horse is sold?

Art Nouveau

Visit site
A few weeks ago an advert for a horse appeared on my sidebar and it caught my eye. I've spent the last couple of weeks pondering whether I am in a position to buy and keep a horse again, but have just noticed that the advert was put up in September. I know winter can be a slow time to sell a horse, but the advert was 7 months old when I first spotted it. I don't want to annoy the owner by calling if the horse went ages ago but equally she is in my head a bit and I'm really sad now I've realised she may have already gone.

The horse is fairly young and being sold as a project but looks to have a lot of potential and be my ideal horse when back in work. I have no idea how much of a market there may have been for her so I'm unable to judge whether it would be daft to call.

Any experienced horse-shoppers out there who could give me some hope, or tell me to move on?

numptynoelle

Visit site
Give them a call! You've got nothing to lose, and if she's gone, it will alert them that the advert is still live on here (they may have had adverts on other sites and forgot about this one). I'd assume that on a paid site as long as the advert is online, the horse is available.

rowan666

Visit site
Give them a call! You've got nothing to lose, and if she's gone, it will alert them that the advert is still live on here (they may have had adverts on other sites and forgot about this one). I'd assume that on a paid site as long as the advert is online, the horse is available.
Yep this!

gmw

Visit site
Some ads can be up for months and people don't even get a viewing, just loads of silly questions and requests for more pictures and videos. Just give them a ring no harm if the horse is sold so be it but be prepared if horse is still available!!!!

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
Call. Many years ago when I was looking for a pony someone cut an ad out of a mag and gave it me. My parents called (I was about 12 at the time) and they said the advert was from 2 years ago!! Fortunately they still had the pony, and we bought him!

So always worth a call! If they don't have that one they might have something else