Old boy is going in the morning

windand rain

Visit site
He has reached the end of the line he will be pts first thing in the morning. I will miss him, his owner is devasted and wont see him again, the lockdown has made it a bit difficult to organise and maintain social distancing. He is in his thirties although his owner was upset she realised his time has come been trying to get her to visit for 4 weeks but was she worried she might be stopped. Unfortunately he has started looking a little better but he cannot eat hay, cannot wear a rug and is getting very wobbly on his pins I do not want him to go down and not be able to get up or to get cold and wet. So tomorrow I drew the short straw and will be with him to the end. Sad but necessary

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
He has reached the end of the line he will be pts first thing in the morning. I will miss him, his owner is devasted and wont see him again, the lockdown has made it a bit difficult to organise and maintain social distancing. He is in his thirties although his owner was upset she realised his time has come been trying to get her to visit for 4 weeks but was she worried she might be stopped. Unfortunately he has started looking a little better but he cannot eat hay, cannot wear a rug and is getting very wobbly on his pins I do not want him to go down and not be able to get up or to get cold and wet. So tomorrow I drew the short straw and will be with him to the end. Sad but necessary

I'm sorry to hear that, especially as his owner can't be there but thank goodness you are there to make the responsible decision in his best interests.

{97702}

Visit site
Thank you for making that last decision for him, it is so very difficult but it sounds like it is very much the right one. Thinking of you tomorrow morning xx

Surbie

Visit site
I remember you saying on another thread that you were trying to see if his owner could come. I'm glad someone can be with him at the end - sorry it has to be you.

windand rain

Visit site
I share your pain, I will be going through the same tomorrow with one of mine. Xx
So sorry it is hard doing it for someone else but must be terrible with one of your own. He will be the 4th one begining to feel like the angel of death but comes with the territory if you care. I hope everything goes as calmly as possible for you. The ancient one has been here several years so it is knowing it is the right thing. I was looking at photos and he has halved in weight and his coat looks awful I wish he could have gone a little sooner but he has been eating and running about playing with Kitten so best now than him getting stuck now the decision is made it will be the kindest thing for a much loved boy

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I share your pain, I will be going through the same tomorrow with one of mine. Xx

{{{{Hugs}}}} To both of you, will be thinking of you tomorrow.

eahotson

Visit site
Well done. It is a very difficult thing to do.It sounds as though he has had a wonderful life.