Old Horsemen Young Horses!!

bellgave

Visit site
I would like to say how great it is to see old boys still doing horses. (and ladies too of course, just that there dont seem to be as many)

Isnt it great to see people well into their 70s still competeing and winning!! I hope Im going to be galloping granny.

Funny also that a lot of these people all compete younger, often very sparky horses that people less than half thier age would refuse to touch!!!

To name but a few... Driving legend George Bowman. Showing supremo John Keen and for the ladies Annie Blaker. Oh and Prince Phillip 80 something and still driving his team of ponies!!

I guess if you dont use it, you loose it!!!

jackpalfreyman

Visit site
i used to be on a livery yard with a very old ex-european showjump champion (pm for the name) and he was a complete basterd, intereferd all the time, wrapped his horses with metal bars etc etc etc. his last bach of horse now 6 7 and 8 were all very talented as 4yo's accumulating alot of money in a year- but now are not the same! I watched him comptet at our are show a few years back, took a line too tight in a jump off and sent his horse crashing through the wings.....

this obviously is a one off, but he was cenile and mad i swear!!!

My trainer amanda mcglynn is the veteren european sj champion, so i agree it is great to see them out competing!

And i especially like seeing the grannies leading the grand children out on a days hunting!!

vivhewe

Visit site
George Bowman's great - I've seen him a few times and think wow! Even if he was 30 years younger he's still one hell of a good horseman and can drive magnificently
grin.gif

My Granda's 75 and keeps fighting on for a go on Danny lol! I keep putting him off - not because he's too old but he might just show me up on my own pony - he 's a way better rider than I'll ever be
smile.gif