Old owner... would you?

Dyllymoo

Visit site
I would love to contact his breeder and see if he has any photos of him but I cant find him anywhere really. Still.... I'm pleased that I know he has done some fun rides (was the only horse who didn't spook!), pony club rallies and camp, some XC courses. Just makes me smile that he is exactly the same with them and me so that is him and not some fluke... that probably sounds silly!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
That was a great outcome DM :)

I contacted Ludo's breeder and got a lovely foal photo. The people I bought him off contacted me for an update earlier this year, so I sent pictures and news of what he's doing. The person who bought my mini sends me delightful pictures of her tiny child riding her every now and then.

Ludo's foal picture

image1-2-jpg.52117

Attachments

• image1~2.JPG
    image1~2.JPG
    419.1 KB · Views: 356

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
ahh that's great OP. pleased you had a nice chat.
I am in FB contact with Kira's old owner, tbh it's a little bit strange with her because at the time I took her on they didn't really give me the whole story about what happened with her and it's just sort of pieced together since. but whatever. we understand each other, it doesn't matter. sometimes i feel weird about how i've ended up with a horse who is headed towards GP for free, but realistically she is still a very tricky horse to manage so i try not to feel bad about that! o_O

I contacted Salty's breeder after picking her up at the sales, details were in her passport. she was sad to hear she'd ended up there but it was nice to chat with her and she also sent me some foal pics and pics of her dam.

huskydamage

Visit site
Thats a nice story ?0 history for my pony unfortunately , no idea where she came from! Toyed with the idea of contacting my horses breeder but dont want come across annoying or stalkerish as I'm only guessing from passport details and a facebook search. Not sure if breeders would apprecaite a random message about a horse they might not remember

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
When my old boy hit 20yrs old I put a picture of him on FB and mentioned there was a period before I had him which I knew only a little bit about (I'd had him since 11yo when he came on winter loan from a trekking centre and ended up staying!).

Unbelievably, the mother of a previous owner saw my post and got in touch! The daughter had had him from the age of about 5 - 7'ish I gathered. The mother had actually sold him without telling the daughter where he'd gone! And felt guilty about it in retrospect.

Anyway, daughter came up to see him - she lived about an hour's distance from me - and we went for a ride together, which must've been very poignant for her; the last time she'd seen him he'd been in the prime of his life, and now he was an old boy, a bit arthriticky, and a veteran!

She did tell me something interesting which I wish I'd know before; and that was that she had taught him to rear! Her logic was that he was inclined to do it anyway, and that if he could do it when he was told to do it, it was better than just doing it. Yeahh....... right. I just wish she'd put something in the passport to tell any future owners she'd done it, because at one point in his life when I'd gone to a show with him and he'd reared up in the collecting ring (and we'd been asked to get out of there asap for everyone else's safety) I seriously considered the PTS decision for him. However, I got some professional help, and we managed the problem, and I was given strategies to use if he ever did attempt it again.

But I do wish I'd known!

Go for it OP, I very much hope it is a productive thing for you!

Regandal

Visit site
I tracked down the previous owner of my retired hunter. Apparently he was ‘evil incarnate’ , kicked for fun and the guy needed a few stiff drinks before the meet. But, he was a superb jumper and very handsome. On balance, I was glad I found out.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
How lovely OP.

I'm semi in touch with mine's old owners. We are now friends on FB (and turned out we had a couple of mutual acquintances) but a bit like milliepops, I don't think they weren't entirely honest about everything. I certainly pieced a few things together by FB stalking (having said that, I bought him without my then instructor present so perhaps a bit naive on his 'story').

They 'liked' and commented on lots of photo's at first - but they've not for years now. They are not into horses anymore and I never know whether to message so many years later, saying 'I've still got him & and he's the love of my life' or whether, if they were interested, they'd still like the odd photo.

Annagain

Visit site
Monty's breeder got in touch with us a few years ago. She'd been looking for him for years and it wasn't until I did riding club teams with him and used his registered name (we hate it so never used it) that she found him in some online results. She saw that he was in a certain riding club so contacted the chair to ask them to pass on her details. As it happened I am the Chair:p. She's so thrilled to be in touch with him again in his 20s bit is mostly pleased that he's so loved. She's been to visit a few times, brought him sugar free treats as he has a sugar allergy and come to see him doing veteran classes at local shows.

Bambelina

Visit site
I have my mares old owner on Facebook. Prior to this her only other owner was her breeder and have looked them up too but never actually contacted them. Have spoken to her old owner quite a lot just to get more info on her as certain situations arise. She regularly asks after her too, which is nice.

MrsNorris

Visit site
I found my old boy’s early history after I’d owned him for about 8 years, it was eye-opening to say the least. I’m just really glad I didn’t know any of it, or I would never have bought him in a million years, and would have missed out on 16 great years together. Poor boy had 6 homes in 2 years, but he’s never put a foot wrong for me, horses for courses as they say...

Scrumpster

Visit site
Thats a nice story ?0 history for my pony unfortunately , no idea where she came from! Toyed with the idea of contacting my horses breeder but dont want come across annoying or stalkerish as I'm only guessing from passport details and a facebook search. Not sure if breeders would apprecaite a random message about a horse they might not remember
I'd be happy to contact then for you if you like? I contact a lot of people searching for horses and histories I normally find the breeders are very pleased to hear how their old horses are doing x

Scrumpster

Visit site
I would love to contact his breeder and see if he has any photos of him but I cant find him anywhere really. Still.... I'm pleased that I know he has done some fun rides (was the only horse who didn't spook!), pony club rallies and camp, some XC courses. Just makes me smile that he is exactly the same with them and me so that is him and not some fluke... that probably sounds silly!
I'm willing to help you find the breeder if you'd like?x

sollimum

Visit site
We bought our highland mare from a dealer and have managed to find her previous owners. So we now have her foal photos and one particular owner, I keep in regular touch with as circumstances resulted in her sale many years' ago and she loved her dearly - she is a long drive from us but will hopefully visit her at some stage. She was able to fill us in on her habits - she has not changed. Our mare has just scanned in foal and then first person I told was her this owner.

huskydamage

Visit site
I'd be happy to contact then for you if you like? I contact a lot of people searching for horses and histories I normally find the breeders are very pleased to hear how their old horses are doing x

Thats a nice offer thank you. I could pm you the info if thats ok?