Older riders, hope for us all!

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Kept them for decades then they got lost. Bought a set on eBay along with the complete Ruby Ferguson 'Jill' series. Becoming more sentimental as I age ha ha. (And I yearned for a yellow roll neck but couldn't afford one).

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Kept them for decades then they got lost. Bought a set on eBay along with the complete Ruby Ferguson 'Jill' series. Becoming more sentimental as I age ha ha. (And I yearned for a yellow roll neck but couldn't afford one).

I got my mum to knit it, cool, eh 😎. I had second hand bingo wing jodhpurs, too. I was only riding for half an hour every two weeks at that point 😂

paddy555

Visit site
I got my mum to knit it, cool, eh 😎. I had second hand bingo wing jodhpurs, too. I was only riding for half an hour every two weeks at that point 😂

I was madly in love with my yellow roll neck. I still have the winged jodhs. Couldn't bear to throw them away.

I suspect everyone of a certain age is going to post about their yellow polo necks and bingo wings as that was what everyone rode in.

paddy555

Visit site
there is indeed hope for us. Lovely to hear ADH is still competing. There is a lovely video on you tube. Sorry I cannot get a link to work but if you search you tube for "Perth's sensational seniors" you will find Ken a 90 yo and Saffy his pure bred arab.
Ken took up endurance in his 70's, he did the Quilty 9 times the last aged 81. At 90 he is still riding and not only riding he could still get on from the ground! No mounting blocks needed for Ken.

silv

Visit site
Fond memories or the bingo wing jodphurs, (second Hand) and the yellow polo neck with string gloves. Only got with the times when Jackatex? started up and I got modern stuff which I think was pretty poor quality. Their rubber boots were particularly horrid, but being about 12 I thought they were fabulous.

ycbm

Visit site
Mine were second had,too, from the local paper! They were really thick cavalry twill, and 'the' brand to be seen in. I'm getting to remember what it was. It might have been Harry Hall but I think it began with a b.

ycbm

Visit site
Trying, not getting. And they were side fastening too, 'ladies' didn't have flies in those days!

oldie48

Visit site
there is indeed hope for us. Lovely to hear ADH is still competing. There is a lovely video on you tube. Sorry I cannot get a link to work but if you search you tube for "Perth's sensational seniors" you will find Ken a 90 yo and Saffy his pure bred arab.
Ken took up endurance in his 70's, he did the Quilty 9 times the last aged 81. At 90 he is still riding and not only riding he could still get on from the ground! No mounting blocks needed for Ken.
Goodness I couldn't get on a 15.2 from the ground when I was 50! It is so heartening though!