Olympia ‘21

Splash2310

Visit site
Did anyone manage to get tickets?

I found the website nigh-on-impossible to use this year which was a shame. After 40 minutes trial and error managed to bag a pair in row B for the puissance!

I’ve never seen the puissance before so super excited and praying Covid doesn’t rear it’s head again!

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
despite 2 messages from them assuring me I'd get the priority link due to past attendance still nothing received so I've taken that as the last nail in the coffin this year :p I'd said it was too far to go then thought OH BUT THE FREESTYLE and had a wobble.... but I will just watch on TV after all.

Bah humbug.

SlinkyMinxy

Visit site
Did anyone manage to get tickets?

I found the website nigh-on-impossible to use this year which was a shame. After 40 minutes trial and error managed to bag a pair in row B for the puissance!

I’ve never seen the puissance before so super excited and praying Covid doesn’t rear it’s head again!

I've just booked tickets for friend and me for the puissance - we're also row B, so we'll give you a wave!!

TGM

Visit site
I've managed to book tickets for the Puissance too. Was a bit of a panic at first as no tickets were showing for that night, whilst the other ones were. But got it sorted in the end!

Cowpony

Visit site
I got an e-mail saying I'd got priority, but I don't think I got a link. I'd already decided that the prices and location were such that I'd give it a miss this year. I'm probably not going to Windsor this year either, as the prices seem to have doubled since last year!

Last edited:

Cat_08

Visit site
I am planning to go to Olympia for the first time this year, as I have just started to learn how to ride and the Excel centre is a more convenient location for me. What day would you recommend? I haven't got a preferred discipline, I am more going for the atmosphere! (Year before last looked amazing).

Last edited:

Splash2310

Visit site
I've managed to book tickets for the Puissance too. Was a bit of a panic at first as no tickets were showing for that night, whilst the other ones were. But got it sorted in the end!

I had the mad panic too and thought they’d all sold out! Nearly bottled it and went for a different night - it’s such a shame the website has been so difficult this year. I was madly looking for a seating plan too to try and find out where the random seats I’d been allocated were!

Branna

Visit site
Anyone manage to use a discount code? Usually British Dressage is 30% off but not working this year :confused:

Muddywellies

Visit site
It absolutely wouldn't let me book 2 top price seats, no matter how many times I tried. So ended up with 2nd price tickets in row T ?. All seems like a bit of a fiasco before we're out of the starting blocks but tbh, after this last year, I'm grateful for anything really. Still a bit unsure about getting there and hotels tho.

milliepops

Visit site
Anyone manage to use a discount code? Usually British Dressage is 30% off but not working this year :confused:
apparently if you're a BD member you can email the team to get this years code and it will be in the Engage newsletter next week.

Splash2310

Visit site
I am planning to go to Olympia for the first time this year, as I have just started to learn how to ride and the Excel centre is a more convenient location for me. What day would you recommend? I haven't got a preferred discipline, I am more going for the atmosphere! (Year before last looked amazing).

There will be lots of people with lots of different opinions on this I think! I have seen the show jumping many times before which is always great, and booked the puissance this year because I’ve heard it’s amazing, and they jump some HUGE heights.

We tend to go for the jumping because my partner comes now and although he doesn’t mind it, he tends to compare every Dressage to music to watching Charlotte and Valegro, so I think he might get a bit bored watching the dressage!

The full list of days is here: https://londonhorseshow.com/programme-british-showjumping/

There’s also obviously THE SHOPPING!

To be honest I’m sure you’ll enjoy whichever day you pick!

teapot

Visit site
Think the priority email was only sent to those who attended in 2019. Mine arrived on Monday as promised.

Would love to have gone but getting to the Excel is such a pain, let alone Sunday trains (wanted World Cup).

NinjaPony

Visit site
Have booked to go to the freestyle because I really missed it last year, and because I’m not competing at the moment so need to get my fix!

Cat_08

Visit site
There will be lots of people with lots of different opinions on this I think! I have seen the show jumping many times before which is always great, and booked the puissance this year because I’ve heard it’s amazing, and they jump some HUGE heights.

We tend to go for the jumping because my partner comes now and although he doesn’t mind it, he tends to compare every Dressage to music to watching Charlotte and Valegro, so I think he might get a bit bored watching the dressage!

The full list of days is here: https://londonhorseshow.com/programme-british-showjumping/

There’s also obviously THE SHOPPING!

To be honest I’m sure you’ll enjoy whichever day you pick!
Thanks Splash2310! I am definitely looking forward to the shopping and might already have a wish list of items to look for ?

milliepops

Visit site
Think the priority email was only sent to those who attended in 2019. Mine arrived on Monday as promised.
they didn't send it to quite a few of us. I had 2 messages promising I'd receive it as I booked and went in 2019 but nothing received. lots of people in the same boat on FB.

teapot

Visit site
Not hard to do from mailing lists is it? :confused:

Just seen on fb they’ve asked people to email them to be put on the list. Got a feeling it’s a different set up/company.

milliepops

Visit site
yeah I did exactly what they've asked, they sent me 2 messages saying I'd receive an email and still didn't. I'm over it now, will just watch on TV instead. it would have been a long trip, the way they've split the days up means I'd need an afternoon and evening ticket to make it worth it and i just can't justify that expense, I had a wobble yesterday because I haven't missed the freestyle for years but am resolved to not bother now!

Branna

Visit site
apparently if you're a BD member you can email the team to get this years code and it will be in the Engage newsletter next week.

Thank you, got the code and it's not valid until tomorrow. Pointless having priority booking, I'd rather save £20+ and risk it tomorrow!

Branna

Visit site
Got tickets for the freestyle dressage on Friday evening :)
The website booking system was painful, discount code wasn't working this morning, then worked but didn't include the Friday, then discount didn't appear... got there in the end after 2 days of trying!!