Olympic Eventing Team - Last minute change

Kat

Visit site
It has just been announced that Brookfield Innocent isn't going but All-star B is now traveling reserve!

Very late to make such changes. I do hope this isn't due to a health/soundness issue but I can't think of any other reason to make a change so late in the day

Michen

Visit site
Was it that last minute as there were videos on insta of Ros canter and laura collet larking around at the quarantine place.. a couple of days ago. Mmm!

Reactions: TPO

Kat

Visit site
Was it that last minute as there were videos on insta of Ros canter and laura collet larking around at the quarantine place.. a couple of days ago. Mmm!
It was only announced today but that makes you wonder whether there has been a bit of a question mark for a while.

Feels last minute given that the Irish Event horses are already on the plane.

Reactions: TPO

teapot

Visit site
It has just been announced that Brookfield Innocent isn't going but All-star B is now traveling reserve!

Very late to make such changes. I do hope this isn't due to a health/soundness issue but I can't think of any other reason to make a change so late in the day

Reading the press release, makes it sound like it was the owners' decision

I believe the long list were all in quarantine together, just in case. You have to have reserves for the reserves as it were.

It was only announced today but that makes you wonder whether there has been a bit of a question mark for a while.

Feels last minute given that the Irish Event horses are already on the plane.

It is last min but these things happen. GB horses still need to get to Liege before flying.

GinaGeo

Visit site
It looks like the owners made the decision not to send the horse if he wasn't going to actually run, but the BEF kept it quiet in case one of the others pulled out before they flew :)

teapot

Visit site
Risky decision though - between now and a week on Thursday a lot could happen that would allow the reserve to run, and also, given the new team of three rules, they could still be swapped in once it actually starts.

Reactions: Kat

ihatework

Visit site
It isn’t really last minute the selectors have known for a while the owners weren’t sending the horse if it wasn’t running. It was just doing the prep and quarantine in case it was needed.
Kitty was also made to prep and quarantine as second reserve