Olympic SJ Team Final Thread

JCWHITE

Visit site
Words completely fail me right now, after the champagne, had to go for a walk.....I am glad i am not the only one!

PolarSkye

Visit site
Im sure its Wed as the dressage is tommorrow

Yup . . . dressage Grand Prix Special tomorrow, individual SJ on Wednesday and then the dressage final on Thursday . . . feel so spoiled that I've been able to watch so many fantastic equestrian athletes - horses and riders - over the two weeks of the games. Team GB are doing us proud for sure.

P

ecrozier

Visit site
So tell me - does their current individual standing (ie nick clear, Ben on 4 etc) affect their draw for the individual on Weds?

measles

Visit site
Just stopped on the services on the way home for a celebratory coffee! What a day - one I'll beer forget.

My seat was directly above the collecting area at the entrance to the arena and I got countless fabulous pictures including video of Nick, Ben and Scott realising they had won.

What a day - words don't do it justice and the only downside was TarrSteps and I only managed to text a running commentary rather than downing anything celebratory!

silu

Visit site
Such a wonderful performance by the whole team. Didn't even need any rider with a surname beginning with W!
Daughter had SJ group lessons with Scott many many moons ago and even as a young lad he had a wonderful pair of hands.Hat's off to them all and their wonderful horses.

skydy

Visit site
Again , congratulations!! I'm afraid, it (the jump off) took a few years off of my life , but worth it! Sorry for the hasty post (previous) and misspelling of Britannia! :eek:

So thrilled for you all! My Grandmummy was British, sorry she didn't live to see this! (She is responsible for my being able to sing the 3 verses of your national anthem.) :) Best of luck in the individual SJ, and in the the Dressage
(will be up watching at 3am my time , hoping for a win for your dressage team!). :)

Last edited:

mtj

Visit site
Another one who spent yesterday afternoon cheering at Greenwich.
Slightly shocked we stayed dry, but wouldn't have cared if we had got soaked with that result.

jenbleep

Visit site
I must remember to come here and not go to newspaper comment threads where total ***** are saying:

"Equestrianism isn't a sport"

"Just a bunch of poshos trotting around on ponies"

etc etc :(

Ohh I know.... :mad: I have already put my two pennies in!! Grr ignorant people!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Again , congratulations!! I'm afraid, it (the jump off) took a few years off of my life , but worth it! Sorry for the hasty post (previous) and misspelling of Britannia! :eek:

So thrilled for you all! My Grandmummy was British, sorry she didn't live to see this! (She is responsible for my being able to sing the 3 verses of your national anthem.) :) Best of luck in the individual SJ, and in the the Dressage
(will be up watching at 3am my time , hoping for a win for your dressage team!). :)

What a lovely thing to say. I'm impressed - I don't know more than the first verse of the national anthem!

I watched the SJ in Vancouver, alone in my hotel room (I missed you guys!). With the time change, it was on early in the morning over there. I am amazed that the hotel room next door didn't call security I was probably making such a racket!!