Olympic SJ Team Final Thread

measles

Visit site
I am sitting in a cafe in Greenwich very excited! Only 4 hours early just incase I got lost :D

Had a great drive to London via Sienna's new home in Surrey for a big pat and cuddle and then had a super evening staying with a lovely, kind HHO'er in Kent.

The only thing that remains to be said is GO TEAM GB!!

humblepie

Visit site
Enjoy, we got in as soon as the gates opening yesterday and watched the course walk etc, 2 hours passed very quickly. Was interesting watching one rider walk a particular distance several times, have discussions with others about it and walk the whole course 4 or 5 times. Didn't pay off as had 8 faults but is interesting comparing styles. OH mentioned one looked bored stiff walking the course, though is a team member of a second placed team.

You can also watch a bit of the practice arenas. It is fenced off but there is a manned opening and they are quite happy for you to standand watch, albeit you are a little way off.

Alternatively do something for the "I did that" book and walk down to the Cutty Sark, go into the big round dome shaped building and walk under the Thames to the other side (and then walk back!) It was the tunnel's 110th birthday on Saturday.

Have a good time.

Nicnac

Visit site
Have a fabulous time! I got to go to Day 2 of eventing dressage and it is such an amazing atmosphere and place. Enjoy x

Marydoll

Visit site
I am astounded at how friendly, helpful and welcoming every person helping has been and I'm not in my seat yet. Hugely proud.

I agree when we left the venue it was very hot and sunny, there was a mum and her wee girl out on their doorstep offering free cold drinks to everyone walking back up to the DLR,how thoughtful and genuinely caring, we never met anyone who wasnt helpful and friendly.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Me, I'll take eventing, SJ and dressage . . . I'm here, but I have one eye on the clock b/c I need to go and bring the GD in and put him to bed at some point this afternoon.

P

measles

Visit site
Track is huge. I am overlooking the entrance and interesting watching the horses ring checked for hypersensitivity when they come out. Someone from ground jury takes boots off and rubs hand in white glove down quickly. Don't know what I expected but it's a fleeting process