Olympics Opening Ceremony - anyone staying up?

numptynoelle

Visit site
I remember we had a live thread for 2012 (I remember being on it with CC and a few others!) - is anyone staying up for this one? We all thought the Danny Boyle show was going to be awful and it was fab seeing how well it turned out.

I'm no longer the youthful..er..youth I was 4 years ago, so I might not make it through to 4am, but will endeavour to watch a bit of it :smile3:

Also wondering if His Royal Fattyness is going to give us back the Olympic section of the forum we had for 2012...but I can't be bothered starting that thread in Feedback :tongue3:

Sarah_K

Visit site
I'll try, but not sure how well I'll do :) suspect I'll be asleep before most of the teams have entered the stadium. Apparently only 70 British athletes are going to the ceremony. Seems a little poor.

numptynoelle

Visit site
Definitely staying up for as much as possible

I knew you would be! :biggrin3:

I'll try, but not sure how well I'll do :) suspect I'll be asleep before most of the teams have entered the stadium. Apparently only 70 British athletes are going to the ceremony. Seems a little poor.

I heard that too - but sort of understandable when there are lots of events on tomorrow and it's probably a lot of hanging around. Competing is what counts after all.

They're replaying it tomorrow morning, so I'll probably just watch it then.

See, I just have an aversion to watching such a long event on replay. But I think that's probably me more than anything!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I thought the 2012 one was awful, well at least the first hour or two. I can't help thinking they are a spectacular waste of money too. But I would watch if I wasn't flying home tonight (hoping to be home in time for Gemma's dressage!).

Supertrooper

Visit site
I still have not got around to watching the 2012 opening ceremony. I kept meaning to!

There's a really good imagine documentary on iplayer about the behind the scenes organisation of it. Very interesting.

I'm recording it, will then watch tomorrow xx

Fools Motto

Visit site
I highly doubt I'll make it tonight, and out early tomorrow. I'm sure I'll hear all about it, and watch some of it at some point!
Happy watching, insomniacs!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
That reminds me - we need a thread from you at some point about "Famous people wot are good passengers on long haul flights and those wot are turds" :biggrin3: :biggrin3:

Not likely after someone on the Adele thread got all sniffy about whether my airline would like me talking about passengers! Although I will say Martin Clunes and his wife were my best ever, we ended up exchanging horsey photos and talking about hard standing turnouts! Lovely, friendly and down to earth people.

numptynoelle

Visit site
Not likely after someone on the Adele thread got all sniffy about whether my airline would like me talking about passengers! Although I will say Martin Clunes and his wife were my best ever, we ended up exchanging horsey photos and talking about hard standing turnouts! Lovely, friendly and down to earth people.

Aww, yes, I think he's genuinely a nice horsey bloke - didn't they buy some Clydie colts at some point? Anyway, maybe we can get you an anonymous book deal at some point...either that or we can be dead subtle and you can refer to people like Grian Glessed, or something like that :wink3:

T - I know! Need to see something now.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
They're just waffling generally about Rio and Canadian Olympians here on Canadian TV. They don't seem to think it's starting!

I can't help feel sorry for the eventers, trying to get an early night pre dressage, yet knowing the biggest party ever is going on a few miles away and they were invited!

numptynoelle

Visit site
Yes he was training them to pull farm equipment in that documentary. He said they were broken in and ridden nowadays.

Good for them - I like the fact they are making use of them rather than having handsome lawn ornaments. :smile3:

I need some crisps or something (body very much a ramshackle temple) - looks like we're about to get going though!