OMG - Advert!

springer1021

Visit site
Advert ID: 44959
Posted: Monday, 24 October, 2011 14:47 (118 views)
Size: no more than 14.2
Colour: any but prefered skewbald.
Budget: £48 a month exactly.

i need a horse on loan for £48 a month. the horse needs to be no bigger than 14.2 hh and needs to be able to jump a little. i am a intermediate rider i can: walk, trot, canter, gallop on a smooth horse and jump about half a rules leanth and i am getting better. i would like a good horse that is no bother on roads. i need to be able to hack out alone or in company. the horse needs to be strongish so that i can handle it. i am kind of confedent around horses. my ideal horse would be a quiet and good willed.
hope i will have some feedback soon. if you need to contact me just use my email:
thanks.

At least they know what they want:D

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Going against the grain here but If I had one of the kids old ponies and was looking for a rider for it then I would contact her or should I say her parents.
At least the person is being pro-active rather than just sitting around waiting for a pony to be handed to them. :D

Last edited:

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
Then the quest was on to afford Just Seventeen!

Oh yeah! J17, by the age of 15 I was more interested in More than kiddies mags... my childhood ruined by Pony Club Camp debauchery!!

I think I need to have a proper look at the news agents to see if these mags are still around, and still as good as they used to be!

I'm sure it wasn't that long ago! 1999/2000 perhaps...!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Going against the grain here but If I had one of the kids old ponies and was looking for a rider for it then I would contact her or should I say her parents.
At least the person is being pro-active rather than just sitting around waiting for a pony to be handed to them. :D

I thought that too. No harm in trying and being proactive. A twelve year old girl used to call round on us and offer to help with our horses a couple of summers ago. Her parents used to leave her to her own devices. When they allowed her to get a horse (with a budget of £600) she put posters around advertising for one to buy. They ended up buying a pony from the sales, and she spends all her time looking after it and riding it - without a saddle as they can't afford one. She is a million miles away from some of the spoilt kids you see nowadays who have it all on a plate, and is a lovely hardworking little horsewoman. By no means conventional though!

fuggly

Visit site
reading that ad, that could have been me when i was young , we couldn't afford for me to have my own pony so i hounded every horse owner in our village to help with their horses and ride , no doubt if there had been internet and forums in those days i probably would have put an ad like that up , so when i see an ad like this it doesn't always make me think OMG, just a pony mad kid whos using all avenues to fufil a dream

Trolt

Visit site
I answered an advert when I was 13 to look after someone else's horses for them with my best friend. Used to catch the bus after school, and my poor mum had to travel 20 mins after work each day to pick me up.

When that fell through, I used to walk 30mins to the local tack shop and check their notice boards every week, in case another advert went up. Did this for about 3 months, which proved my dedication and the woman who owned the tack shop spoke to a friend of hers who ran a yard.

I was given the phone number, and it was down to me to phone up and arrange everything. I had to spend a days trial and prove myself as a hard worker before the yard manager would accept me.
She did :D I would go up at weekends and muck out (4 stables to begin with, whilst she did the others, and then that increased as I got better and quicker), help with all the rugging, turning out, grooming horses before being ridden etc. Then I could watch the YM ride and lunge and she'd explain what she was doing. They had some ponies who hadn't really done any schooling or hacking who I could play with in return for helping on the yard. I was in my element.

8 years later I still go to that yard every weekend ... and most week days after work :eek: One of the ponies is pretty much my own now. I have still never had to pay them anything towards his keep, but I have had to help with the entire yard, and act as groom at shows.

So going against the grain here, if I was in a position to, I would probably answer an advert like that. At least the child is being proactive in finding something. I'd arrange something with their parents and let the child gain experience in a safe environment ... because who knows who could answer it, and what type of horse they could be provided with.
Because someone gave me a chance, I am determined that if I can, I will give other young girls the chance to call a pony their own, even if they're not in the financial situation to own one.