Omg cjd Pumpkin has been sold

Caol Ila

Visit site
Very surprised. I wonder why Charlotte made that decision. I'm sure she has a good reason, but he's a young GP horse who looked as if he could give Dalera a run for her money in a year or two.

quizzie

Visit site
Not actually that surprised.....after winning several classes at the Nationals this summer on Imhotep, they said he would be aimed at Paris Olympics 2024.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Not to be exceptionally jealous but, wow, it must be nice to grow up in a family where your parents buy you a horse from CDJ, and arrange lessons. At only 16.

Yep. Mine couldn't even afford a horse when I was a child. Apparently the pony sjs go for ££££'s too. These kids live in a completely different world.
How much do we think he must have cost? Millions?

blitznbobs

Visit site
Very surprised. I wonder why Charlotte made that decision. I'm sure she has a good reason, but he's a young GP horse who looked as if he could give Dalera a run for her money in a year or two.
Money … she probably wants a yard of her own - im sure this isthe reason she took such an inexperienced horse to the Olympics in the first place - he belongs to her so that she can sell him…

NinjaPony

Visit site
Let out a very loud expletive of shock at this news!!
Clearly she’s thought this through, imagine it was an offer that she could not refuse and probably enough to set her up for a good long while, not to mention buy some more superstars, and she does have other GP horses in her string.
That said…. On a very selfish level I am gutted because I thought he had that extra something there that could have seen him take a gold with her, and that won’t happen with his new owner (not that the horse cares obviously), and it’s a real shame we won’t get to see the pair again.

Equi

Visit site
I really enjoyed watching them at the olympics and he’s a great little horse but I wonder if cdj just felt he wasnt going to get any higher in the medals/she couldn’t do any “more” with him. we will never know. But what a cracker of a horse for the junior rider! Bet the competition will not be happy ? Hopefully we see them again in the future.

I really should start to follow the dressage a little more so that when paris comes I’m not like oh who’s that

Bruce17

Visit site
I often wonder what she does with her other horses, they can't all be at Carl's surely?!?

There's Hawtins San floriana, the two river rise horses nisa and escarla, florentina, msj charmer, alive & kicking, plus all the new ones kismet, monet etc. I still wonder what happened to msj smartini as well.

Maybe she needs the money to buy her own yard!! ?