OMG - finally booked for horse to be clipped (hopefully!)

EllieBeast

Visit site
the saga continues!! i have now booked the vet to come and sedate El to be clipped on thursday morning. please guys, keep your fingers crossed, otherwise im sure she will find another way to out of it!
i cant bear her to look like she has been chewed for much longer! (the 'chewing' effect is from me trying to desensitise her with my electric trimmers, pah - that worked well
crazy.gif
)
IMG_0936.jpg

blush.gif
shocked.gif
blush.gif

Sarah

EllieBeast

Visit site
lol, they are her 'go faster' stripes although she most certainly doesnt need them! she also looks like an over grown pit pony at the mo. i can wait for her to look sleek again. (well, as sleek as an elephant can look!)

Lill

Visit site
Oooh hope it all goes ok and she looks all nice and smart when done! I was hoping to clip mine last night but no such luck they were both soaking wet!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Good luck! Managed to clip Hal without sedation, was very shocked. He'll only settle for cordless, spins round for 5 mins but then gives up and falls asleep. Only problem being the clippers went blunt half way through so he's currently clipped on one side but not on the other.
crazy.gif
What clip are you going for?

EllieBeast

Visit site
hey! we are going to whack all but half head and legs off. it save arsing about with lines and she sweats like a pig anyways! congrats on getting Hal done! hows the uni arrangement going?

Oaksflight

Visit site
I'm tempted to do that, not sure whether to leave saddle patch on or not? As he's currently got a trace, but clippers went blunt so waiting to get them sharpened, should be finally done this time next week. Uni is going good, trying to write an essay thats in for tomorrow but got writers block.
frown.gif
Hal is being a good boy and can now be wormed reasonably well with his bridle on, yay. Going home tomorrow morning so will probably get many new photos of his terrible clip, heehee.
grin.gif
x

_jetset_

Visit site
You think Ellie is bad... you should see Grace! She looks like someone has been at her with a knife and fork at the moment!

Sedalin didn't work, so we are having the vet out on Saturday morning for the same treatment!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Is it just me, or do they grow resistant to sedalin? Mine has it so they can then inject them with sedation so THEN they can give him jabs and do his teeth (oh God, Jan is approaching, the joys), however it hardly affects him now, we ended up giving him a whole tube last time and he was still doing dog impressions (bending round whilst lifting his back leg up to scratch it, or scratching his tummy with his leg, very worrying!).
crazy.gif