OMG i cant believe some people!!!

Kelly1982

Visit site
My friend sold her 17yo pony that she had owned for 13 years as she had moved onto seniors and had 2 competition horses so no longer had time for him. He was still full of life and jumping affilated competitions but she wanted him to have a bit more of a quite life and sold him to a friend as a pc/rc pony. He has won about £600 BSJA and jumped in belgium with my friend.

The girl had him for about 6 months and decided to sell as he couldn't jump the height she wanted him too. WTF!!!!!! This girl has never jumped bigger than one jump at 3ft and until he was sold the pony was jumping 1.15 courses?? She ended up selling him as a 14yo to one of her friends!!!! That was a month ago!!

I have just seen him up for sale as a 12yo and they are claiming that he has won over £1000 BSJA!!!!! I know its the same pony as i know where he was sold and who too!!! She is also selling him for £4,500 which wouldn't be so bad if she was actually telling the truth.

For some reason this has REALLY made me mad and has really upset my friend even though she knows there is nothing she can so about it. That poor pony is being passed from pilar to post.

How can people lie like that though??? He is also very well known so unless she sells him to someone out of the area she is bound to be found out!!

horsegirl

Visit site
Isn't the age on the passport? It will be picked up at vetting surely and will probably put of a potential purchaser

Rambo

Visit site
If he's being sold with a BSJA record, then that would show up too....unless they've somehow managed to change his identitiy
shocked.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
ow poor little man, id be tempted to buy him back if he was mine and look for a loan home so she can keep a closer eye on the porr old man, he doesnt deserve that after all the love and fun he has given
frown.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Yes the age and his winnings will all be registered with the BSJA and hopefully a vet will also pick up on his age unless the potential purchasers dont get him vetted.

This girl apparently brought him as she wanted a more experienced horse to take her higher but she obvioulsy knows nothing about the BSJA!!!

This pony is a rosette machine, serioulsy he wins everything (well he did with my friend anyway) so i cant understand why people keep selling him on saying he wont jump as high as they wanna go???

The only thing i can think of is that he has got quite a character and is not a novice ride (although they are claiming he is that as well) so people are finding him too much
confused.gif

Sorry this has really upset me as i have know this pony for 12 years

Kelly1982

Visit site
She did put him on loan twice but the first time he came back coz they also claimed he couldn't jump the height required (really dont know where people are getting that from but there you go, plus my friend had stated she wanted him to have a quiter life now as he was 17yo) and the second time he came back because his COPD got bad and he needed medication (only a small course of drugs not for life or anything) and the people decided they didn't want a pony like that.

So then this girl came onto the scene and said she wanted to swap him for her mare. My friend agreed as this girl said all she wanted to do was local pc/rc stuff and said he would have a home for life.

I think my friend would buy him back if a) she had the money, b) we had the room at our yard and c) she had the time.

Sparklet

Visit site
How worrying - there is a girl (and family) selling at horse at our place at the moment and the way he is described to potential purchases makes him sound like a different horse.

He has suffered from back problems and intermittent lameness, has a history of laminitis, is nappy (probably connected to back pain), plays up hacking, has a really sour temperament, is placed down the list when showing and has done one dressage scoring 60.6%.

According to his profile he is sound, never been lame, suitable for a novice, loves his work, fantastic temperament, never out of the ribbons, safe hack and the dressage score has become 66%

Kelly1982

Visit site
Its amazing isn't it how people can lie so much?? especially on a horse that isn't sound??

I know you want to make your horse sound good if you are selling it by knocking 5years off its age and saying its won and extra £400 BSJA is rediculous!!!

She also says he doesn't rear or buck and is a total schoolmaster, this is rubbish as he DOES rear and buck (ok now where near as much as he did when he was younger) and he is not a novice ride
confused.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
Well whoever goes to see him if they have any sense will ask to see his print out which will highlight his age and how much money he has won

Kelly1982

Visit site
Yes he has got a registration number but i'm not sure that they have it as i dont know if it has been passed on with him.

By the sounds of it she knows nothing about BSJA so probably hasn't got a clue people can check up on things like this.

Got a good mind to email her!!

susan_w

Visit site
What you should do Kelly - is to PM me her phone number - I'm in Kent, so I could say that I was interested in him for my daughter - then I'd ask her quite a few probing questions so that she was well and truly caught out!