OMG, I went to the gym last night...

_jetset_

Visit site
...having joined the gym over three weeks ago when I realised that if I couldn't school my girl as much as I am used to I would have to start doing something else.

I had forgotten how boring the running machine could be and how silly everyone looks when they are on them! So, I after doing an hour and a half in there I have decided that I am going to do more classes (I used to do two a night when I was 18) as I think they will keep me more interested than just being a hamster on the tread mill!

I just thought I would share how proud I am in myself for actually going... Does anyone else go to a gym on here?

Kelly1982

Visit site
God i wish i had the same motivation as you, i need to go to the gym drastically but i find it really boring too and i am a big fat whimp and hate going anywhere like that on my own
crazy.gif

I did join with my friend once and gave up after about a month!!! How bad is that!!

_jetset_

Visit site
He he... I was thinking of quitting up until I went yesterday. I just find the sym bit so BORING that's why I am planning on doing some classes...

But, I am aching something rotten this morning!

Kelly1982

Visit site
That sounds like a good plan with the classes. I also tried to go swimming once a week too as i enjoyed that more.

The trick is finding something you like so you more likely to keep it up. I never got that far though LOL

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
I joined the gym about 3 weeks ago, and I've gone nearly every day! I'm quite proud of myself actually
grin.gif

My gym has big tv screens and headphones so you can watch telly at the same time, its amazing how quickly the time goes when you're watching eastenders lol
I go on the x trainer for 20 mins, then the treadmill for 20 mins then the exercise bike for 20. I then go and do some toning on the weights for about 1/2 hr. If I have time I go in the sauna and steam room too.

Sam x

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
I have a good reason to be this motivated, I'm getting married in september and I don't want to look like a big fat meringue.......
I tried on a size 14 wedding dress and it was too small
blush.gif

If thats not good motivation I don't know what is!

katelarge

Visit site
Well, I have been thinking the same thing and I have just called a local gym to ask about membership! It's 45 a month for gym, classes, pool, sauna, jacuzzi, etc.

I used to cycle to see my horse every day, ride and do all chores so was human sized. Now he is looked after for me and on box rest and I am turning into a sumo wrestler! Also I am learning to drive so I need something to keep me active even when I am able to ride again.

I don't think 45 quid a month is bad for all those facilities? (off-peak membership BTW)

Malibu

Visit site
i used to go about 3 to 4 times a week when i was keen! but now i ahve quite and cycle and run twice a day plus some workout in my room but i compete long distnace so i cant just run 2 miles, i have to keep goigjn, i hated the gym though everyone looked at me! and i ddint know anyone!

rforsyth1984

Visit site
I go about twice a week, but find it boring as hell. I also run a few times a week (only 20 minutes though!) and sometimes go swimming. Still a big fat blob though because I cant stop eating!

katelarge

Visit site
classes are brilliant!

I used to go to boxercise, which I loved because it fulfilled my inner tomboy. Yoga is also good, I did some of that and have a home DVD. I did used to find though that everyone in the class had paired off and when I joined I had nobody to do the stuff you need a partner for! Sniff! Mind you, in the boxercise class it just meant I got paired off with the instructor, a sassy little lesbian who was great fun, much nicer than the drippy rest of the class, we had some great fake-fights!

Rachel_M

Visit site
If you are bored have a go of the indoor rock climbing........have wanted a little go but didn't want to make an ass of myself with all the hamsters in the same room!

One thing that I can say you won't catch me doing is swimming in that outdoor pool that they have.