OMG!!! is anyone watching the SJ stage of the Pentathalon???!!

silvershadow81

Visit site
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/live_action/default.stm?lmpid=b00csf4s&sid=7534976

Just switched it on and saw the most awful riding ever!!!

I was godsmacked he was allowed on a horse, his riding was terrible, yanking the poor horse round.... and then he went over a double, flew out the saddle, and the horse tripped on landing, and rolled on the rider, horse stood on him a number of times, rider had blood all over his face and they LET HIM GET BACK ON!!!!!!

OMG!!

ive never seen this before?? is this usual... Ohh dear, another fall!!!!

Bugly

Visit site
Just logged into say the same: it's hilarious, like one of those old 'thrills and spills' videos!!! what a giggle....i love the Chinese guy who just got fully 'ejected' out of the front door of his horse 'ChuChu'

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/live_action/default.stm?lmpid=b00csf4s&sid=7534976

Just switched it on and saw the most awful riding ever!!!

I was godsmacked he was allowed on a horse, his riding was terrible, yanking the poor horse round.... and then he went over a double, flew out the saddle, and the horse tripped on landing, and rolled on the rider, horse stood on him a number of times, rider had blood all over his face and they LET HIM GET BACK ON!!!!!!

OMG!!

ive never seen this before?? is this usual... Ohh dear, another fall!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dreadful riding??

the horses are shite, too....

bfly1

New User
Visit site
I think the MP SJ is horrendous i feel sorry for the horses - why are riders allowed spurs and whips? the horses are so honest and when they have a half decent rider on board they jump a half decent round.

xebec

Visit site
I've just this minute seen this on the TV here (France)!
shocked.gif
<gobsmacked>.

silvershadow81

Visit site
I think the horses are going a great job with such unbalanced riders yanking them around corners into those fences. If i rode like that my girl would go on strike!

xebec

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If i rode like that my girl would go on strike!

[/ QUOTE ]

If I rode like that I'd take up fly fishing
smile.gif
smile.gif

Silverspring

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i cannot believe this.. why was he not stopped/eliminated?? just shocking, lost for words really...

[/ QUOTE ]

The rules are as follows:

Completing a perfect course adds 1,200 points to the athlete's score, while 60 penalty points are deducted for every refusal to jump, 28 for knocking down a hurdle and 40 if a rider falls from the horse. Penalties are also applied for exceeding the time limit as well as for other infringements.

Athletes compete with horses provided by the organisers, which are selected through a random draw 20 minutes prior to the commencement of the event. For warm-up and preparation purposes, athletes are allowed to ride their allocated horse for 20 minutes and to have up to five trial jumps in the auxiliary exercise area provided for the purpose.

Lets be honest who on here could take an unknown horse they had jumped at most 5 times round a 1.2m course and make it look easy? Yeah they aren't great riders and maybe they aren't be overly kind on the horse but I think most people on here would have to admit it's a big ask!

AandK

Visit site
yes, i appreciate that its not easy to do that on a strange horse but he presented that horse (badly) at every fence and it stopped at all of them bar one or two and there is no excuse for that..
how can he progress to the next fence without incurring elimination.? why do the pentathlon if you are not confident enough to jump such a course.? (these are not questions i am expecting you to answer btw!)

its just that in my opinion its shocking that he is able to continue like that.. i'm sure there are plenty of other pentathletes that did a much better job and that this is a very bad expample but it doesn't do the image of the sport any good..

SpruceRI

Visit site
Perhaps they should reduce the height of the courses. 1.20m is a big jump for an average horse to jump with an unknown and not-so-professional rider on board??

dunthing

Visit site
I watched it yesterday morning and was horrified. Why allow the riders to wear spurs when they cannot control their leg movements. Most of the horses were being yanked back by their mouths and then asked to jump a fairly big course. For the sake of the horses, the course should be quite a lot smaller and not so many twists and turns. The horse that fell and kicked it's rider, was feeling that fetlock joint as it trotted away, the foot was stuck in the wall which is probably what made it kick out. Very hard job for horses and riders.

Beanyowner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Why allow the riders to wear spurs when they cannot control their leg movements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are 11 year old kids allowed to ride in showjumping classes with gags and spurs?!?...and thats from 'horsey' people, these are athletes which are pretty much what to do, when to do it and when to take a ****!
wink.gif
laugh.gif
There are many weird and wonderful things in the equestrian world!

elliegirl12

Visit site
how bad are they... i could barley watch they were just all over the place the poor horses... and the poor onethat went out that ouldnt put its leg down and then was allowed back into the arena still lame
frown.gif