OMG STORM DAMAGE

Jillian

Visit site
OMG What a day, i've lost all my 5 stables. 2 of the horses have to stay in as laminitic and when I saw the stables fallen in I thought OMG my horses are under there. Luckily they had managed to get out somehow. We have spent all morning trying to make it safe but none of the horses can come in. The 2 laminitics have a bare field but that is going to turn into a mudbath. The other 3 will have to stay in their field and i will have to give them all extra hay. It will be at least a week before they will be fixed. I'm so fed up and worried about horses being stuck out and we still have heavy rain.
shocked.gif

Hornby

Visit site
Oh dear, poor you, we have increasing winds and rain here and a huge tree across the end of our road this morning, nearly cleared now but not sure what else will happen as it's getting worse, not better. Hope your horses are ok.

Jillian

Visit site
Horses came out with no cuts, I just dont know how they got out but I am very relieved they were not hurt. We are predicted more strong winds tonight so no sleep for me !!

LauraBR

Visit site
OMG!!!!!!!! (((((Big Hugs))))))))))))

So glad to hear they are ok, fingers crossed for you all x Anyone local who might be able to help you out with somewhere?

We had the most terrifying journey home from SJ in the storm- weather hadn't been too bad while we were competing but all of a sudden the sky went black so we made a dash for it- friend could barely hold the lorry straight and at one point the gusts got under the chassis and lifted one side up a little! Huge branches on the floor.

Got home just before it got crazy bad, thank god. Think we would have been in big trouble, hope everyone else got home ok.

sharni

Visit site
((((((hugs)))))) thank goodness the horses are ok.
a few years ago a barn collapsed on my friends horses, killing one and others had to be PTS. I always leave my horses out [ well rugged] in hifgh winds now. at least they can move about the field to get away from falling trees or roofs or whatever.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Just posted re roof damage so really feel for you. The main thing is your horses are ok, we were so upset when we saw the roof had a tree coming through, it must have been terrible for you to see the mess at your place.
It was a truly awful night here as it hit after Cornwall, and on the news this evening the yachts were blown over, and lots of trees down between you and us.
Hope you get sorted soon, with rugs on your horses will cope fine, can you fence a smaller part off for the laminitics?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Only just read this after posting about bad week, now feel really stupid as our damage was much more minor. Hope everything ok with the horses, and that the weather calms down soon.

Jillian

Visit site
Dont know if the insurance will pay but we are going to check, horses were ok last night. I may well try putting them out with other horses with their muzzles on (if I can find them under the rubble!) We are near Bodmin Moor so very open here.