OMG What are people like - see this ad!!!

Irishcobs

Visit site
Lightly backed! She doesn't look that light! And hasn't grown big enough for daughter, its only 2 it will grown some more.

MagicMelon

Visit site
And whats with the "has not grown sufficently for daughter" - ummmm... the pony is a welsh A, they dont get much bigger!! Did they not know this to begin with?!

I hate seeing youngsters with a rider, I think horses should be sat on as 4 yo's and no earlier. They should at least get 3 years to be horses!

Tufty

Visit site
what do you expect have you seen the state of the yard ! Looks like a place I went to try one thought it was a scrap yard !

sojeph

Visit site
isn't it a section A cross arab? so it could have got bigger and probably will.. The person is only sitting on it! I sat on my lad at two and mooched about on him - see no problem with that.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I also do not believe that the horases backs are developed enough for anyone to sit on at that age. It will ruin their backs.

This is what causes problems in the future!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Well I have to say that it certainly looks sturdy enough to be quietly sat on.

Interestingly a number of years ago some people I know bought a little horse that they thought was five, and it infact turned out to be two(ish) at purchase. It was a year before they found this out, and it had been ridden quite regularly without any kind of problem. Again it was a native, and they do tend to mature much quicker than the bigger breeds.

Gingernags

Visit site
Well we tack Ivy up and sister has sat on her this summer a grand total of 3 times, for about 5 minutes...

HOWEVER she's section D x TB and well over 15hh and built like a tank! She will not be backed properly and ridden away til she's 3...

That pony does look a bit small and green to be backed like that.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Section A's do not grow bigger then 12hh so its either a section b or they are just getting at what it is!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It says that it's a section A x arab
wink.gif