On the subject of Durbarrys .......

Ash the arab

Visit site
What are they like to ride in?
I am having to replace my yr old Ariat Artics and want something for round the yard and everyday riding.
I can't ride in wellies - hate it! I also hate riding in short boots, my Ariats were perfect until they started leaking
mad.gif
, not paying that sort of money for something that can't manage a year!!

teapot

Visit site
See everyone I know has had this problem with ariats but I havent. Probs because they've got more polish coated onto them than anything else. And they last a good 18months working on a yard

Didn't someone the other week post in SM about her Durbarrys leaking?

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Ariats are known for having a weakness at the seam line across the toes (as are the ariat copies out there!)

Because the seam runs roughly along the ball of the foot (where most of us have the stirrup iron), the leather gets stressed. It's already a seam so already a weak spot.

How long ariat's seem to last depends on how well they're cared for. My first pair lasted a year with daily wear and abuse but very little care. After whining to the saddler about this, I got a telling off for not looking after the leather
tongue.gif
The next short pair are still going strong 3 years on... Although I have since invested in the arctic talls and they're getting cleaned most nights and have leather food put on twice a week in this weather.

natz

Visit site
It was me that posted about my dubes leaking - bit of a bug*er, but will still admit that they are fab to ride in and very comfy!!! To be honest I think the only reason mine split and began to leak was because I didnt clean/ treat them enough!!! How naughty!!