On the subject of farriers - Christmas gifts?

K9Wendy

Visit site
My farrier is great, goes out of his way to help and is lovely with the horse. He is due on 21st Dec and I want to have a present for him.

He's very young, quiet, trendy sort of guy, unmarried, and don't think he drinks, doesn't smoke.. So any ideas on a present?

sally2008

Visit site
I guess cash is always welcome!
grin.gif

Sooty

Visit site
Mine come as a double act so have got them two big tins of Quality Street. Does yours live on his own? Depending on how much you want to spend you could do a mini hamper for him with some nice treats in it.

K9Wendy

Visit site
Not sure of his living arrangements, know he has a girlfriend. Never sure if men appreciate chocolate or biscuits like us girlies do LOL

filly190

Visit site
He perhaps wont be expecting anything, so as you would'nt want to make him blush, I would give him a box of chocs and a bottle of wine, which is enough.

_OC_

Visit site
Mine had his yesterday a bottle of good port and a lump of stilton and some dog treats (for his dog ,er not him!).....men do like chocolates as my manager can consume them quite quickly if found in our staff kitchen...........so how about a nice selection of cheese and biscuits maybe?

Mellymoo1

Visit site
I got mine a bottle of Glenfiddich and a lindt chocolate reindeer!! Not sure whether he likes whiskey or chocolate but its the thought that counts!!

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone seems to be getting their farriers presents, I feel really bad because I wasn't planning to buy anything
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Well its not compulsory - but not a bad idea if you have a great farrier who will put himself out by coming out quickly in an emergency. However, if you don't have that level of service then no need to buy him anything!

K9Wendy

Visit site
Exactly, the reason I am buying mine a gift is to show that I really appreciate him. He goes that little bit further. When a shoe comes off he calls as soon as he can, will bring her in from paddock if I am not there, do shoe and put her back out again. He is kind and gentle with horses, and reliable.

OK.. think I will go with the biscuits and bottle of wine, he can always share them with his girlfriend..