One and Half Hour Walk to Do Horses This am

rocketdog69

Visit site
I must have been mad. Couldnt move my car this morning so set off at 07.30 to walk to the farm to see to my horses.

By the tiime I got back home again it was 1130.

Four hours, I must be crazy.

Anyone else have to trek to the stables this morning?????

soph21

Visit site
I was lucky that my sis in law lives in the village they are kept in, she's 28-jen-28 on here, bless her she went and done them this morning for me!
laugh.gif

It would have taken me about 2 hours to walk there with this weather!

samstar

Visit site
sojeph walked to ours this morning.
Too far for my little legs,but I did feel guilty as it was blowing a blizzard out there. She drove us up this afternoon where she'd got YO to put a round bale in for them.
smile.gif

Tinkle

Visit site
Yep, I walked to see to mine. Took me an hour although I did it faster than I probably should have and felt knackered. It's all up hill though and I feared if I slowed down or stopped I might never make it!

If our road freezes over tonight it looks like I'll be doing the same tomorrow.

x

Visit site
We drove out until we reached the country lanes and then had a trek down them to reach the yard... luckily we met YO's husband half way down and he kindly gave us a lift!
smile.gif
And one of the liveries kindly gave us a lift back to our car when we were just about to start the half an hour trek back. So we were saved a lot of walking luckily! But I think we have more snow on the way!
frown.gif

flowerlady

Visit site
Are they out or in at night
confused.gif

If in how will you get there tonight?
confused.gif
grin.gif

Mine is on the back and have a small paddock we use if its to icy to walk him on the road which is next door but one to our land. on the back but we have to walk about 200 yds up the road and in another gate as we don't get on with the horrible neighbours.
mad.gif

Broodle

Visit site
I am counting my blessings that the yard are doing my horse today
laugh.gif

Had a big adventure seeing to her last night. Tried to drive up the v long and steep track to the yard - got halfway up and car proceeded to ski back down
tongue.gif
. So, I abandoned it at the bottom and trekked up. Took me a good 30 mins and I fell on my a*se three times - once smack bang in the headlights of an oncoming car
grin.gif
Lovely fellow livery took pity on me and gave me a lift back down!

Good luck to all those who are experiencing real snow - I'm over Bristol way where it's not even that bad, relatively speaking, and it's bad enough!

muffinino

Visit site
Yeah, 2 hours
shocked.gif
YO fed and hayed this morning, OH and I walked there, OH sat on his bum while mucked out etc. Glad we didn't take up an offer of a lift as the mountain road was lethal and we had a bitching session with a policeman who was whinging about idiots getting stuck trying to drive in the snow on a very steep, twisty road. He said he was glad to see people with a bit of sense, lol.

Tinkle

Visit site
Thank god for helpful YOs! Mine were brought in for me - they were going to stay out until early afternoon but apparently they were having to much fun up to their knees in snow and stayed out until 4pm!

x

cellie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No snow but black ice and my car was hit up the back arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you alright
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for asking I would have said yes but have a bit of stiff neck at the moment.I was stationary and woman was only doing 20 mph max ,the lorry in front pulled over and she couldnt stop.When we both got out of the car it was a friend she was going to do her horses too, we both nearly slipped over on the ice.
confused.gif
grin.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
i havent got a clue as to how long it would take me to walk to mine its about 7.5 miles but as of easter it'll be 0.6m so i cant wait till then.
luckily Bambi got me to the yard, played around in the snow with her (had to see how good she was in this crap weather - good job i picked her up on Friday) to do the girls water and what with her having heated seats my bum and back were toasty warm (and who said defenders werent state of the art
grin.gif
)