One cold leg?

shadowboy

Visit site
Yesterday while grooming shadow i noticed that his near hind was a lot colder than the other three. The other legs were normal temp, slightly colder than the rugged up areas as i would have expected. But this one leg was cold pretty much all the way up to the stifle area. It felt as though he was dead if that makes sense. As in cold to the touch like a dead body! it was really wierd. I have not noticed it before. He was his usual self yesterday and didnt appear lame ( i only lunged him as it was far to windy to ride last night!) He did not seem stiff or anything, and was over tracking on both legs nicely. but ive never experienced this before, has anyone else? Is it a bad sign of something? advice please.

Law

Visit site
Was it the leg with the (v old) hock injury? Would be a little curious if it was, it would make sense that the circulation might not be 100% in that leg
confused.gif
Had he been in all day? Might be an idea for him to wear 'leg warmers' (as i call them!) stable wraps to keep his legs nice and warm - still you'd have thought that they'd all be cold
frown.gif

Sorry I've no idea?

shadowboy

Visit site
Hullo Laura! No it was the other leg! Its really odd. Yeah i thought about the leg warmers. You'd think he was an old man at this rate!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Coldness in a limb is normally associated with bad circulation. I can't give you an answer but you may get an answer about this problem if you move it over to the Veterinary Forum.
smile.gif