One moment trotting around the countryside.. Next in A&E

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Me and carol took osca -Ex eventer 25ish but strong and very forward- and millie -Young, happy pleasure horse in the right frame of mind-

Doing well and just out the woods going for a trot down the track.... we agreed on troting as osca is strong and first time out for a long time...

So thier i was happily trotting along heard a scream and look back see carols cantering/galloping millie... Me thinks Millie doesnt bolt so carol must be in complete control HOW WRONG WAS I!!

So now both full speed, uncontrolably bolting towards the road -I dont know the area- Carol screams "TURN RIGHT" in a small hope i give osca the aids but hes too fast and already on the road and turning so... shoes... road... and one big crash landing...

Me un tangles my self free from osca and crys in agony... osca trots off heading for the A27 DUALCARRIAGE WAY!!

Thank f*** and horse was coming in then direction to stop him.

Any how me pulls it together and me and carol attempt to slowly lead them home... i did get quite far but it was to much so ploded back on millie -one leg activly riding other just hanging!- till carols hustand and livery came to rescue me.

Any how i F***ed my nerves in my hands, arms and back, had a reaction to my landing spot of nettles, and BROKE MY ANCKLE!! also have one sore nose
mad.gif

HOW WILL I COPE!!

I mean i thought a cast from a week would be a killer but siad i'll be luckly if its off for xmas!?!
crazy.gif

What the hell is my horse going to do!!
confused.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
How bad is your break? I'm guessing it isn't pins and plates bad if you are home but PLEASE do EVERYTHING the docs say, I know too many people who have had 'simple' ankle breaks who have ended up weeks later needing pins and plates.

Horses!

Get well soon xx

serena2005

Visit site
oh my god,sending loads of hugs and get well soon thoughts...

thanks god its not any worse, god its horrible to think what could have happened

lisan

pets.webshots.com
OMG, so what did they say about the nerve damage? Will it repair itself? Which bone did you break, have they plastered below you knee to toes?

If you want answers about broken bones and the quickest healing go to the FAQ's on mybrokenleg.com read some poor people's stories on there if your gonna be laid up for a while.

Do you have someone to help/do your horse for you?

Hugs, hope you recover quickly x

Chex

Visit site
Nasty! How on earth did you manage to move with a broken ankle!? I must be such a woose, I couldn't move a single inch when I broke my leg! I'm not allowed to ride until 6 months after the fall/break, not good! Not sure how it is for an ankle though. My mum was landed with the horse for a month until I could hobble up on crutches. Hope you've got someone to help you!

spider

community.webshots.com
When I broke my ankle it was only it plaster for three weeks - may not have been as bad a break as yours though. You poor thing. Sounds like a frightening experience.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Yerh havn't quite firgered about my horse yet as im at a small privrate yard of ermm.. well me and dermot :S
Thanxs for webstie link thingy L154xxx i'll check it out! I think nerve pain is just inpact of landing...

Skhosu

Visit site
oh no!!!!!!
Not sure how you could ride! When I did my collarbone I couldn't move my arm, let alone do anything (how did you get back on??!)

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
God trying to mount was agony but and looking back now dont quite no how I lead a very strong horse pushing me about... and mounting.. I tired leg up but ment putting all wieght on the broken leg so just jumped!! Just how you react with horses.. horse comes first i guess!

bosenova

New User
Visit site
Issy!!!! Poor you, hope you find someone to look after Dermot.
I would steal him from you but i live too far away, lol, unless you want him to come and vist:D
Get well soon x x x