One more...How much would YOU pay to buy your horse Now?

Blizzard

Visit site
So we have had what is your horse worth on the market realistically, and what you paid for them.

So wondering what you would pay if you bought your horse now?

I said I think Beau is worth 5k and Lance 4k (maximum!), based on the fact they are totally safe and anyones ride, and Lance's experience, and what Ive been offered and what Ive seen.

I paid £1300 for Beau and nothing for Lance.

To buy them NOW, well I would be prepared to pay £3000 for Beau, and £1500 for Lance....I am tight!
grin.gif

Stoxx

Visit site
As much as I love him and I have learnt so much from him over the years, I wouldn't buy Osc again. But that is because I now know what I want to do and he isn't the horse to do it on!

JJ2

Visit site
I would probably pay around £600-£800 but only because she is not 100% sound on her legs and also she is nearly 21yrs!! But perfect in my eyes and yes i would still buy her!
grin.gif

vicm2509

Visit site
I think I would pay about 4k for Baron. He has come on so much since I bought him and is working at a higher level in Dressage and SJ but I have found out he will not hack alone which would put me off (the were no safe places to try and hack him when I tried him out). 4k is a little more than I got him for. As a dressage horse my instructor said he is worth alot more than that, but I simply would not pay more.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Worth-wise, god I dont know! I hate to think what my grey is worth as he's competing successfully BE Novice and BSJA 1.20m, plus he's a total sweetheart temperament-wise! If I were to buy him now, I probably couldn't afford him as I refuse to pay more than £3500 for any horse Ive had!

If I were to value Shadow, Id probably ask minimum £4000 because although he's not at a high level in anything - he's got such presence. I think some people pay a lot for that! And he's so safe yet fun. Id pay £3000 for him I think (again, Im tight!).

My 2 old ponies wouldn't be valued at anything! Both have had laminitis, one is 17, the other 20. I wouldn't sell them. I wouldn't buy them at their age either! :p

ecrozier

Visit site
Hmmm, tricky. If my lad wasn't an arab, but still did everything he does (happy at novice dressage, schooling over 1m, geat to hack, easy to do) around here I don't think I could replace him for less than £4k judging by what people I know are paying for similar! However as an allrounder, the fact that he is an arab, I think, makes him less saleable as people presume they are 'silly' or that they can't jump! So not sure what he is worth really!

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
my old one is priceless, if I was to buy the one I have on loan, it would be less than he was advertised for not that I could even afford that lol! but he does have some work to do yet!!

tabithakat64

Visit site
Paid £1350 for Fudge he'd be worth £2000 to £3500 to replace. I got Lady for nothing (she's a rescue), I wouldn't replace her as she is really too small but for something her size etc I'd pay £800 -£1200. If I was looking to replace her with something exactly the same only 15hh I'd be paying up to £4000

Gorgeous George

Visit site
I bought George for £4250 and people told me I paid to much for him, well he may not be the most wonderfully schooled horse but he has turned out to be an absolute gem, I would pay more for him now I know what he's like - but i'm biased and don't really know what he's worth.