One of THOSE adverts ...

Mrs B

Visit site
... just seen in my local feed/agri merchants.

Gist of: "Need to find somewhere for my 28 year old TB as a companion only. Can live out. We're moving. Kind loving home only."

I rarely comment on other people's ads but this makes me in equal parts angry and sad. Hell, I know there might just be some lovely person out there who can look after this old lad for the very last of his twilight days but honestly - what are the odds? :confused:

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I got linked through to one being given away who we used to own on FB yesterday. 28years old.... maybe it's the same horse. Anyway, we've offered to have him back. Was quite amazed he was still alive tbh, I think we sold him pretty much 20years ago!

That's lovely!
I have put my contact details in previously owned ponies passports with a note saying 'if this pony ever needs a home please contact......" Maybe in a couple of decades I'll be reunited with one of my past ponies!

Mrs B

Visit site
I got linked through to one being given away who we used to own on FB yesterday. 28years old.... maybe it's the same horse. Anyway, we've offered to have him back. Was quite amazed he was still alive tbh, I think we sold him pretty much 20years ago!

Then that is one lucky horse! It would also be lovely it it was the same as this one. And yes, AE - maybe it is a last effort ...

SEL

Visit site
That's lovely!
I have put my contact details in previously owned ponies passports with a note saying 'if this pony ever needs a home please contact......" Maybe in a couple of decades I'll be reunited with one of my past ponies!
I'm in the will of the lady who has the warmblood I used to loan off her 16 years ago because she wanted to make sure he'd end up in a good home if anything happened to her. I think he's 30 this year!!