One of those WWYD yard

pistolpete

Visit site
Currently rent a field 11 miles from home. It’s great except for the distance Other issues are it’s on a slope. Access is tricky and I have no other horses nearby for when I ride younger one.
Potential new yard is flat 3.6 miles from home and ponies around. Riding from there is rubbish though. I guess I need to decide how important continuing to ride really is. The 44 miles a day is getting on my nerves and it’s expensive.

pistolpete

Visit site
Space near where I live is so rare. Hens teeth! I’m not sure I want to move. Ponies are settled. They are fine. It’s me that struggles.

Melody Grey

Visit site
Can you box to places to hack from the field that's closer to home? The mileage saved could contribute to a trailer if you don't already have transport? Just a thought?

Green Bean

Visit site
I agree with the trailer option, unless the yard doesn't have other important facilities, such as an all weather arena. 44 miles a day is a lot. You and your horses would then have company which is important, if only from a social point of view.

onlytheponely

Visit site
Have you looked at the classifieds on nfed.co.uk? Not sure exactly where you are based in relation to Fareham but there are adverts on there that might be close to you.

pistolpete

Visit site
Been to see the field. It’s lovely. Flat mud free and very user friendly. 7 minutes from my house. Owner says there is some hacking too. Masses of oak trees in both paddocks though.

Melody Grey

Visit site
I know the area and you are correct, fields to rent are like hens teeth!

Have you tried a wanted ad on Hampshire Livery FB page? A friend found somewhere that way. Many are rented through word of mouth rather than advertised.
Better still, get yourself down the village local and talk to people- local people might now of someone hiding an unused field behind their house. A milk man years ago put me into a secret field years ago- worked out well!