One sided

dwi

Visit site
Daisy will leg yield beautifully off my left leg but not even slightly off my right. Its like she doesn't even know that I'm using that leg, I've tried tickling with my schooling whip but she ignores that as well. She isn't the best at bending but isn't that uneven in any other way, she canters nicely on both reins.

Any suggestions for exercises?

spaniel

Visit site
I would take yourself to a chiropractor and get straightened yourself to be certain its not you who is blocking the movement. Youd be surprised how often its the rider who isnt allowing the horse to do lateral movement in a certain direction.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Are you sure it isn't you blocking her? Have you tried on another horse? My sister has this problem but it was very difficult to see on Gem but once she got on Otto my horse it was really obvious (especially as leg yield is Otto’s speciality).

Just a thought.

dwi

Visit site
Until i got Daisy in March I rode at a riding school and could do it on all of their horses on both reins.

I have a shocking back, spent most of my teenage years going to osteopaths, chiropractors and physios but it never helped much. Very painful and expensive. i'm at a level now where it doesn't hurt that often so I leave it be.

Tbh I would have assumed it would be the other way around because my left leg has been broken several times and is very weak, for example when I swim breast stroke it just seems to flap along behind, whereas there is nothing obvious wrong with my right leg.

Maybe my question should have been what exercises should I be doing?

flyingfeet

Visit site
Most one-sidedness is caused by the rider. All mine are, because I used to play a lot of polo and I'm much more flexible turning to the right rather than left.

Swimming and playing about will those big balls you sit on is supposed to help. A friend also swears by pilates - you just need to find something you enjoy that will make you more flexible