One sided

Soph83

Visit site
<span style="color:purple"> Can anyone reccommend any exercises I can do from the ground and whilst schooling and hacking to help my 5yr old mare with her left bend? She's finding it quite difficult. I'm lunging her for slightly longer on that rein and doing lots of circles whilst riding. I've also been advised to do the carrot thing.
Any other ideas?

Thanks </span>

cyearsley

Visit site
Depending on her level of schooling you could try counter-flexion on the good rein which should in turn help flexion on the stiffer rein if that makes sense. It can be a little demanding so maybe do half a circle in counter flexion then straighten for half a circle?

Soph83

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Depending on her level of schooling you could try counter-flexion on the good rein which should in turn help flexion on the stiffer rein if that makes sense. It can be a little demanding so maybe do half a circle in counter flexion then straighten for half a circle?

[/ QUOTE ]

<span style="color:purple">She's only just started her proper schooling this summer, when I backed her I gave her an easy first year of being a happy hacker to give her time to mature as she can be a bit babyish.
May be a bit much for her. I'll discuss it with my instructor.

Thanks
smile.gif
</span>

cyearsley

Visit site
Mmm might be a bit much, sorry didn'read the age bit - DOH! Ask your instructor and see what they think, when I rode my boy on the left rein it was like riding an ironing board initially, with lots of schooling and lungeing, it's really coming on but know how you feel. Good luck

Soph83

Visit site
<span style="color:purple"> lol, I know how you feel. I was asking for left bend whilst hacking along the road the other day and because she just falls in so badly she kept nearly tripping up the kerb! Sure we'll get there in a few months ro so! </span>

Soph83

Visit site
<span style="color:purple"> That's something I've not considered as she doesn't seem to have any pain in her mouth. I think I'll look into that though thanks, I didn't realise that could have that effect. She's bending fine to the right-really getting it nicely. </span>