One VERY happy eventer lets his hair down *vids*

Gamebird

Visit site
We're still in the grip of ice and snow up here (more snow last night :() but by hook or by crook (and horsewalker) I've managed to keep the horses mostly ticking over.

Gave us both a treat today and took Fugs and his BF Stanley-the-slow-racehorse-turned-dressage-diva to the beach for some R&R. It was quite a family outing as I even managed to persuade a holiday-mode husband to get out of bed before lunchtime :mad: and bring the camcorder and dogs. I think he needs a wee bit more training yet before the BBC headhunt him mind you :rolleyes:.

Every time we go to the beach (about once a year) we say 'I don't know why we don't do this more often'. Especially considering that we only live 10 miles from the coast... :confused: It's lovely to go on a non-competitive outing and just have fun.

Can you tell we're happy? :D :D :D

Cantering:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsGamebird#p/a/u/2/WIVRiC3tKTU

Splashing:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsGamebird#p/a/u/1/9KX3I7411Kg

A wee bit faster:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzvB18vrMrQ

alwaysbroke

Visit site
I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous...............MUCH!!!!

You all look like you are having a ball, love the look on Fugs face in the splashing vid

Now perhaps you shouldn't have mentioned you are so close to the coast, you are going to be inundated with requests for HHO to come and visit you:D:D

TheoryX1

Visit site
I am NOT jealous. I am NOT jealous. I am NOT jealous ..........

Can I bring my fat black bar steward and be atch up for some fun as well? Sorry, no more GS to sell.

Fiona

Visit site
They do look happy don't they.....

We live close to the beach as well, but only seem to go about 3 times a year. Silly isn't it, when its so much fun.

Fiona

Jane_Lou

Visit site
I love the way Fugly hides behind Stanley when the waves are coming ;) We live just about as far from a beach as you can get in the UK but where I lived in Ireland I was less than 10 miles from the beach but despite talking about it all the time never actually went :(

diggerbez

Visit site
oh that looks like so much fun. its about 1.5 hour drive to the beach for me...might go in a few weeks...V's never been, bet he'll be terrified of the waves! :eek:

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
Lucky you! :D I love going to the beach and also do the same as you each time I'm there thinking "should really find time for this more often! :eek:

Fugly is looking fab. :) Hopalong is also scared of breaking waves, will wade through still water happily, but moving water requires watching it until it just about reaches you and then leaping 6 foot away from it! :rolleyes:

AutumnRose

Visit site
Ahhhhhh what a good idea for a day out ;)

My video is being sooooooooooooooo slow uploading - i might put mine up when it's eventually working. Fugly is mych braver than B, we had much smaller waves and he made much more of a fuss!

MegaBeast

Visit site
Aww, brilliant fun, you look like you're having a ball! I love going to the beach - I'm spoilt as during the team chasing season (and for fittening work preceding it) I'm galloping on the beach on a weekly basis at sunrise, it never loses its magic :)

However have only ever got my mare to the beach once as am in demand as a jockey for the teamchasers and never seem to find the time to go myself... when she's fit again and providing she stays sound will definitely have to find the time.

Gamebird

Visit site
TheoryXI - any time! Am disappointed that there's no more breeches though, I've ebayed 3 GS pairs and they all fit like gloves :)

Charlimouse - shame on you! They all need some fun. Just make sure you don't forget your neckstrap ;)

Fiona - daft, isn't it?

Mrs_W - a lorry? *skulks off with bottom lip hanging* :eek:

AB - like I said, the more the merrier. We took a flask of coffee and a flask of... erm... not coffee :eek:

Vallin - cherries do it for me. You're in! :p

Jane_Lou - He's a big girl's blouse! :mad: I had to laugh though when we were unboxing an OAP couple came up and pointed at Fugly and said 'he's big, how big is he?'. I told them and they said 'what's his job?'. I said he was an eventer and the old lady nudged her husband in the ribs and said 'told you so'! Poor Stanley didn't even get a mention :eek:

langside

Visit site
GB i am surprised I would have thought you’d be down the beach regularly if you live that close you must be a closet millionaire and have miles of gallops :D

Must admit I’m very lucky and live 5min away – 30min if you hack
90% of the time its great fun
10% you often come across some racehorses in training and then it can be..... interesting ;)

Gamebird

Visit site
Ah Langside, are you near Redcar? My husband worked overlooking the beach at Redcar for a year and had a fab time last winter when the snow came watching wagon after wagon from Middleham pull up and racehorses go loopy on the beach.

MB - I'll swap you. I'm desperate for some TCing but can never find a team :(

milo'n'molly

Visit site
Envious much! I have not ridden since the end of oct due to dark and weather. :( Have been looking for somewhere to keep horses near the beach for a week or so as it is about 1 1/2 hrs to fraisthorpe and would be good to do some fittening work in the spring

Gamebird

Visit site
Envious much! I have not ridden since the end of oct due to dark and weather. :( Have been looking for somewhere to keep horses near the beach for a week or so as it is about 1 1/2 hrs to fraisthorpe and would be good to do some fittening work in the spring

Have you tried Jean Clemmit? She's about a mile from the beach at Hunmanby and has an indoor and outdoor school. PM me if you want her number.

Gamebird

Visit site
Ooops. Somehow missed you lot first time round :confused:

SW123 - never mind the beach. A little bird told that you rode Spider the other day. We want pics, vids and a report!

Only_me - the terrier enjoyed it most. She's sporting a rug to match Fugly's but it's in the wash now, soaked with salt and sand. I take it off before we go on the beach. Husbands, eh? :rolleyes:

FJ - I'm sure you and Hops will be out there soon. Everything's crossed ;). Meanwhile if you fancy a tast of Yorkshire brine....

AR - come on then. Where is it???? We're waiting :mad::p

jumptoit

Visit site
Looks like Fugs had a fab time :), I had to lol at him being scared of the breaking waves; good job you didn't go on a summer day when the kite surfers, kite buggys and small children are around!

I am rather jealous of you managing to get to the beach though, our tides have been wrong the past couple of weekends so I haven't been now since October :eek:!