One year owniversary

Pippity

Visit site
I can't believe it's been a year since Blue walked off the dealer's lorry and straight into her new stable. She's gone from a worried wee horse with no concept of interacting with humans to... Well, I'd like to say to a cuddly, affectionate soul, but she's still a grumpy moo! She's just a grumpy moo who pokes her head to see what's happening, rather than staying safely at the back of her box.

She's learned to canter in the school and out hacking (although hasn't quite learned what brakes are...). She's learned to long rein, and taken to it like a natural. She's been on a lorry, and loaded and travelled like a star. She's been to horsepital, where she disgraced herself by snapping two lead ropes and terrorising a vet nurse (but then acted like butter wouldn't melt when I picked her up).

We've celebrated Christmas:

owniversary3.JPG

We've done a little bit of this (at extremely high speed):
owniversary4.JPG

And we've done an awful lot of this:
owniversary7.JPGowniversary6.JPGowniversary5.JPG

She might not be glamorous or eye-catching, but I can't imagine a more perfect horse for me. She's done so much for my confidence, and I've never had so much fun hacking.

Here's hoping we have many more fabulous years ahead. And also, that she isn't too muddy when she comes in this evening.

owniversary1.JPG

Pippity

Visit site
Well congratulations on your first wonderful year and may I say I think she's a lovely looking mare 😁

We hack out with a blood bay Arab and a 17hh Shire. Strangely, Blue isn't the one who gets attention from passing pedestrians! Especially as she usually plods along with her ears half back, looking grumpy.

Congratulations! She is beautiful and looks like a girl who knows her own mind 😊!

Oh, yes, she definitely has very strong opinions. Her first reaction to anything new - whether that's a speed limit painted on the road or a pair of overreach boots - is NO. But if you push past that first no, the second time is extremely easy.

Happy owniversary - you both look as though you are enjoying yourselves!

I don't think any horse has ever made me smile so much. I'm a nervous rider, and I always feel so safe on her.

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
aww she is so lovely OP :)
Love her face in the dressage pic, shes like mum I've got this ;)

Hope you have many more lovely years together xxx