Onesies does not maketh a baby & other ridiculous

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Maybe some people prefer their horses to their kids! Anyway, I'm sitting here in my Tesco onesie, glass of wine and quality street......nowt wrong with a bit of comfort! :)

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
Completely agree, blacklab - wrapping them up because they're too idle to groom correctly or to prevent their hyper anxiety at the sight of mud on their horse.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I think it is a combination of ignorance, anthropomorphism and idleness. There is no way on earth that the horse is going to equate those awful garments with comfort!

lula

Visit site
without wishing to go too deep, i sometimes think some female horse owners view their animals as child substitutes, hence the anthropomorphism with dressing them up.

Arizahn

Visit site
T'Khasi is currently wearing his own home made gilly suit, made by himself, and constructed of mud and leaves. I figure it makes him more waterproof, and saves rugging...:D

Ladyinred

Visit site
I suppose all I can say is at least they are big enough not to get carted about in celebrity handbags....

Some people should stick to My Little Pony, as has already been said.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Think if I tried to put one on H I'd end up flattened, a shredded onesie and a H shaped hole in the wall like you get in cartoons after he had gone whirling round the stable snorting like the Welsh Dragon!

Fortunately for him I don't do horse onesies or people onesies as they look vile!

He does have a sizable wardrobe of normal rugs though!

Grinchmass

Visit site
My mum said she was going to get me a onesie. I told her not too and if she did it would be part cat blanket part dust rag...

Poor ponio would eat me if I tried to get one anywhere near her. And I don't blame her tbh.

cambrica

Visit site
I am becoming increasingly better at sitting on my hands and not commenting. I'm afraid I would look (and feel) more like Andy Pandy in a onesie with weeble tendencies.
As for the 'Welsh One', well I did ask him if he wanted one in his fluffy christmassy stocking but it went kind of like this:
]
3a3cc9f2-448d-4f5a-995f-817b273e12fa_zps60bd07f4.jpg
[/URL]

RainbowDash

Visit site
I do have a snort and giggle at pics of horses in onesies TBH. But despair at anyone buying these - okay can understand if they have a grey due to go to a show but ...

Whats wrong with a good old fashioned fleece?

WelshD

Visit site
Does it matter?

As long as horses get the vet, trimmer, forage, shelter, saddle fitting and all other appropriate care does it matter what their owners spend the rest of their money on?

My pony has all sorts he doesnt really need but he gets absolutely everything he does need.

As long as a sensible line is taken with regards to warmth with no over rugging i cant see a problem

Poor workmanship aside i am yet to hear of a single genuine onesie injury or health problem caused by one, i think it would be better and more fool proof if they ended at the poll but aside from that actually like them

For a pony like mine who had stripped off the hair and skin on his tummy and down his legs because of sweet itch (before i bought him) that sort of garment may be useful

Well constructed and with good fabric choices i do think they have a place in the market

budley95

Visit site
I think they're a good idea and have a place if the horse has a skin condition or has had some kind of surgery and needs to keep stitches clean, although don't see what's wrong with the lycra ones that go under their bellies! I don't like hoods, as am always worried it will slip and pony won't be able to see.
I do however think they look incredibly cute but will not be getting one for Budley anytime soon. I only got him a combo for the first time 2 years ago, for the first 7 years he just had standard necks, and the amount of fuss he made about a neck was ridiculous!

wench

Visit site
I had loads of my little ponies when I was little (as I wasnt allowed near a real horse, so a pink plastic one was the next best thing) and my horses are far from Molly coddled!!!