Online dressage

Cob Life

Visit site
Hi all!

Happy new year!

My goal for January is to do an intro dressage test online as I got a Pivo for Christmas. Which company do you recommend?

I’d like to do one of the BD tests ideally.

Roxylola

Visit site
I've done e riders who offer a great selection of classes, and dressage anywhere who use list 3 and above judges. Been really happy with the feedback I've had from both

Cob Life

Visit site
I've done e riders who offer a great selection of classes, and dressage anywhere who use list 3 and above judges. Been really happy with the feedback I've had from both
E riders state you can’t have a straight bar snaffle that’s ported although it is a dressage legal bit according to BD along as it isn’t used as part of a double bridle and he’s in a magic bit so we can’t do e riders

bouncing_ball

Visit site
E riders state you can’t have a straight bar snaffle that’s ported although it is a dressage legal bit according to BD along as it isn’t used as part of a double bridle and he’s in a magic bit so we can’t do e riders
Had thought E-riders followed BD dressage rules for tack (boots aside)

Cob Life

Visit site
Had thought E-riders followed BD dressage rules for tack (boots aside)
Yes they do. They also have any tack classes.

Bits – BD permitted bits only, of which are: Loose ring snaffle, snaffle with jointed mouthpiece where the middle piece should be rounded, Egg-butt snaffle, D-ring or racing snaffle, Loose ring snaffle with cheeks (Fulmer), Fulmer keepers are permitted, Snaffle with upper cheeks only, Hanging cheek snaffle, Straight bar snaffle (Must be straight with no ports or raised bumps), Snaffle with rotating mouthpiece, Snaffle with rotating middle piece, rotary bit with rotating middle piece. Bombers Equestrian’s Flexible Mullen and Loose Ring Ultra Comfy, as well as eight types of Myler bit, The Happy Mouth Bit HB-6000-SP and the HB-6801-SP model are all allowed under the new rules. No bit guards are allowed

They say they do but then state that no Ports or bumps on a straight bar which BD allow ported snaffles, he doesn’t like tongue pressure so goes in a ported snaffle (bd legal) or a Waterford (not bd)

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Bits – BD permitted bits only, of which are: Loose ring snaffle, snaffle with jointed mouthpiece where the middle piece should be rounded, Egg-butt snaffle, D-ring or racing snaffle, Loose ring snaffle with cheeks (Fulmer), Fulmer keepers are permitted, Snaffle with upper cheeks only, Hanging cheek snaffle, Straight bar snaffle (Must be straight with no ports or raised bumps), Snaffle with rotating mouthpiece, Snaffle with rotating middle piece, rotary bit with rotating middle piece. Bombers Equestrian’s Flexible Mullen and Loose Ring Ultra Comfy, as well as eight types of Myler bit, The Happy Mouth Bit HB-6000-SP and the HB-6801-SP model are all allowed under the new rules. No bit guards are allowed

They say they do but then state that no Ports or bumps on a straight bar which BD allow ported snaffles, he doesn’t like tongue pressure so goes in a ported snaffle (bd legal) or a Waterford (not bd)
To be fair they aren't going to be able to see into the mouth in a video anyway. Also if you are in a BD permitted bit then you are covered, you could also point out to them the changes in the BD rules.

Cob Life

Visit site
To be fair they aren't going to be able to see into the mouth in a video anyway. Also if you are in a BD permitted bit then you are covered, you could also point out to them the changes in the BD rules.
I did think that but I didn’t want to learn the test then have it disallowed because of his bit

Cob Life

Visit site
I’ve ordered the BD test sheets so I can crack on (though I think I’ve found the one I need online, I’ll have a go filming tomorrow and confirm it is actually the right test when my sheets arrive! It would be just like me to ride the wrong test ?)

DressageCob

Visit site
For e-riders the film off a Pivo may not be good enough. The video should be filmed at C and zoomed in when you're at the far end of the arena.

Cob Life

Visit site
For e-riders the film off a Pivo may not be good enough. The video should be filmed at C and zoomed in when you're at the far end of the arena.
I did think this but I filmed with my Pivo for the first time the other day and it was really good, it zoomed in and only lost me once or twice. I’m going to try to film tomorrow so I’ve got a few weeks to keep trying to get the video right or can enlist a cameraman

DressageCob

Visit site
I did think this but I filmed with my Pivo for the first time the other day and it was really good, it zoomed in and only lost me once or twice. I’m going to try to film tomorrow so I’ve got a few weeks to keep trying to get the video right or can enlist a cameraman

They must have moved on since I last tried ? I will have to dig mine out of retirement

Cob Life

Visit site
They must have moved on since I last tried ? I will have to dig mine out of retirement
I put it at C not even 2 feet back from the fence and it lost me a handful of times when I was on the c side so I think if I put it back another 6-12 inches it will be okay
I was expecting a few issues and other than me not being able to work the remote I didn’t have any

Cob Life

Visit site
Be sure to review your test once filmed. If the pivo looses you they won't be able to mark those parts of the test.
I will do!

Sadly he was a bit of a psychopath today (triggered by the yard cat) so I didn’t film but I did run through it and was surprised I remembered it

Muddywellies

Visit site
Hi all!

Happy new year!

My goal for January is to do an intro dressage test online as I got a Pivo for Christmas. Which company do you recommend?

I’d like to do one of the BD tests ideally.
I once did Dressage Anywhere and found them to he incredibly stingy with the rosettes. Other companies award rosettes to tenth place, others award rosettes to all competitors. Dressage Anywhere awarded them according to number of entries so I think in my class was only to third place. Didn't use them again.

Cob Life

Visit site
I once did Dressage Anywhere and found them to he incredibly stingy with the rosettes. Other companies award rosettes to tenth place, others award rosettes to all competitors. Dressage Anywhere awarded them according to number of entries so I think in my class was only to third place. Didn't use them again.
If I can remember 2 tests I might do a DA and E riders.

I’m used to rosettes only being to 10% anyway

Roxylola

Visit site
It’s the same test for both, if I film it twice (one for E riders and one for DA) I’m allowed to do this aren’t i?
Yes. I'd be tempted to maybe change saddle cloth or your top or something just on the off chance anyone thinks you've sent the same test but it's fine to enter both if you film twice

Cob Life

Visit site
Yes. I'd be tempted to maybe change saddle cloth or your top or something just on the off chance anyone thinks you've sent the same test but it's fine to enter both if you film twice
Thank you, I think I’ll film one this weekend, if that goes films okay I will have a go at the into b instead of doing A again

SEL

Visit site
Do you know if they allow you to have an 'odd size arena'? Mine is 45x25.
A friend got pulled up on that with e-riders but no idea if there was a penalty. We marked one out in a field for her last summer in the end.

You could make yours 40x20 with some poles though??

Cob Life

Visit site
It’s losing me in one corner but only after 20m circle at c before going across the diagonal in trot :/ but my position of the pod was off and my arena fence is taking up half the screen! Hopefully I’ll get an evening this week it is light enough to try again if not it will be next weekend. It is zooming at A end okay though

Cob Life

Visit site
Does anyone know if you go out of frame if it is marked HC or a 0 for that movement?
We disappear for a second out of frame before it pics us back up again