Online dressage

TealH0rse

Visit site
Hi

Hoping to enter some online dressage tests this year. What have your experiences been with the different providers?

I am swaying towards dressage anywhere currently as they have BD judges.

Also, our arena is a slightly odd size, 50m along the long side. Is a pole blocking off the 10m mark and new letters used appropriate or would a temporary area laid out in the field be better? We already have letters secured to the fence line so I’m not sure how neat it would look or whether the person filming could make a comment to the judge saying to use the floor letters instead.

Roxylola

Visit site
Pole and letters in the right places should be fine. Both dressage anywhere and haygrazer (eriders) have listed judges. DA are higher grade though, but I've had fair comments and marks from both. Haygrazer runs a relaxed rules class which would mean your arena would be fine as is I think

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I use E-Riders and Cash Dressage. If you want BD style then E-Riders is best. Here's a video entry from when I used my trainers arena, that was a weird shape so we made the correct size with poles and letters.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

TealH0rse

Visit site
I use E-Riders and Cash Dressage. If you want BD style then E-Riders is best. Here's a video entry from when I used my trainers arena, that was a weird shape so we made the correct size with poles and letters.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That’s great, thank you! Lovely test.

Do you find much of a difference in scores between online vs in person dressage tests/differences in how harshly they’re judged?

Laafet

That’s great, thank you! Lovely test.

Do you find much of a difference in scores between online vs in person dressage tests/differences in how harshly they’re judged?

For E-Riders it seems pretty similar, I got the scores that I expected and I have done a lot of BD so usually fairly good at guessing what I scored from how it felt.

Muddywellies

Visit site
I was terribly disappointed with Dressage Anywhere. They are incredibly mean with allocating rosettes and they are strictly allocated according to number of class entries. I know that is recommended by BD but I really think it's encouraging to receive a frilly for your efforts. I know other online dressage organisers award rosettes to 6th place, and some 10th place, regardless of numbers. I was placed 6th in a class and when my rosette didn't arrive I queried it with them. They told me rosettes were to 3rd place in my class and sent me a copy of the rules. I felt so disheartened so never used them again. Yes I know, first world problems. But I did feel disappointed.

Fruitcake

Visit site
I was terribly disappointed with Dressage Anywhere. They are incredibly mean with allocating rosettes and they are strictly allocated according to number of class entries. I know that is recommended by BD but I really think it's encouraging to receive a frilly for your efforts. I know other online dressage organisers award rosettes to 6th place, and some 10th place, regardless of numbers. I was placed 6th in a class and when my rosette didn't arrive I queried it with them. They told me rosettes were to 3rd place in my class and sent me a copy of the rules. I felt so disheartened so never used them again. Yes I know, first world problems. But I did feel disappointed.
I completely agree with this. I found Dressage Anywhere to be a bit disappointing. I also suspect there are a lot of “pot hunters” on there entering classes well below their ability. It’s really disheartening to enter an intro class and find a score of high sixties places you well down the list.

I suppose it depends on what you want to get out of it. I’ve found ERiders to be much fairer. I’ve just done it for a bit of fun and some judges’ pointers for improvement though.

Laafet

That is very disappointing. E-Riders are good on that front, I even got a rosette for the Racehorse league despite only doing two classes. It arrived during my horse's rehab so was a nice little pick me up when I was feeling quite down.

05jackd

Visit site
Have you looked at 'Dressage online'? They are on facebook and have a website. They run 3 competitions a month both Affiliated and unaffiliated.