Online riding courses

I know there is no substitute for having lessons but wondering about subscribing to something online as I need a structured schooling plan to guide and motivate me to get started with my new horse. Any recommendations?

Denbob

Horse and Hound did post something like this for feedback, think it was called the Training Academy? Not sure where that went. I tend to stalk Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook for ideas and collate them into a notebook/online for reference but have been slacking of late. That combined with exercises from lessons seems to work quite well.

I like the videos on youtube from "Your Riding Success (Dressage Mastery)" although I can't stretch to paying the subscription. (She sells course subscriptions for different levels but not sure it is permitted to link to it here??) Website owner Natasha Althof talks quite a bit about how to get motivated and I like her down to earth approach.

For a more budget-friendly option though while I am saving pennies for lessons in the spring, I am considering this book : 101-Schooling-Exercises for Horse and Rider compiled by Jacki Bell (also not sure if Amazon links are permitted here?) I also like Mary Wanless' "Ride with the Mind", although it's not really a schooling programme as such.

Have fun with your new horse. :)

Thanks. I have seen some of the Evention TV. There are lots of good video clips on youtube but I am looking for a progressive training programme. I have lots of books but I learn better from watching videos. I saw Jason Webb at Your Horse Live and he has a subscription training site called Your Horsemanship. I am tempted to subscribe but you never know whether it will be worth the money.