Only a few days to go . . .

Ceriann

Visit site
until I get my mares home. It feels like its taken forever but 12 months after moving house, 7 months after getting planning, 4 months post my mares going to livery my yard will be ready. After breaking my hip 18 months ago (followed by a hip replacement) I persuaded the OH that when we moved I needed a manege and would stop hacking. I am massively excited but also slightly nervous as to how I will ever justify the cost and hassle given I'm still struggling with confidence etc. I'm working on it and determined that 2016 will be better than, well the last three years (dealing with an unpredictable mare who is now going to be retired).

I wont bore everyone with the horrendous day yesterday when the stable builders arrived to erect the timber stables - picture a team arriving in trackies and white trainers and you might understand how they spent the whole morning stuck in the field (with their trailer loaded with 3 tons of timber)! I have a very nice farmer neighbour who found the whole thing far more amusing than I did.

Some pics of yard to date.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ceriann

Visit site
V exciting for you, bet you cant wait till you can ride in it :)

The arena was finished a month ago but was told to wait as the sand was very dry (!!). Luckily its rained quite a bit since so all good to go now so yes v excited. If I was v v excited I would have been mock trotting around it myself but I'm far too old and sensible for that . . . . !

LHIS

Visit site
The arena was finished a month ago but was told to wait as the sand was very dry (!!). Luckily its rained quite a bit since so all good to go now so yes v excited. If I was v v excited I would have been mock trotting around it myself but I'm far too old and sensible for that . . . . !

Haha that's exactly what I'd be doing! :D
It looks fab, good luck x

hypopit

Visit site
Take it one day at a time and don't push yourself, then it won't get built up in your mind that you have to be cantering and jumping around in there the first week your Mares comes home, time is a great healer. Lots of ground work can be done in the new manage to build both your confidence back up again. You will be enjoying your horses fully back in no time if you set small goals everyday, until you both get back into the full swing. Good luck with it all, your place looks lovely.

Ceriann

Visit site
Take it one day at a time and don't push yourself, then it won't get built up in your mind that you have to be cantering and jumping around in there the first week your Mares comes home, time is a great healer. Lots of ground work can be done in the new manage to build both your confidence back up again. You will be enjoying your horses fully back in no time if you set small goals everyday, until you both get back into the full swing. Good luck with it all, your place looks lovely.

Thank you. A little and often will be my plan I think. Weekly lessons and I'm actually going to try and work a plan for myself every week - write it down and then record progress. I'm a fan of ground work and will be trying to build our trust that way as much as ridden. Lots of spook busting exercises too.

hypopit

Visit site
I love spook busting exercises. Hey, don't give up on the hacking, take a break, but don't give up. no matter what anyone wants you to do, riding around in circles, while needed, can get a whole lot boring. Maybe get a good hacking horse, then transfer that confidence it gives you into your other horse. Whatever you choose, look forward to a lovely summer with a great start.

Ceriann

Visit site
Y
I love spook busting exercises. Hey, don't give up on the hacking, take a break, but don't give up. no matter what anyone wants you to do, riding around in circles, while needed, can get a whole lot boring. Maybe get a good hacking horse, then transfer that confidence it gives you into your other horse. Whatever you choose, look forward to a lovely summer with a great start.
The trainer where my mare has been thinks I'll just have a good session in the school one day and just want to take her down the road. She's probably right - I love hacking - in the meantime I've got someone to hack my mare so at least she'll be getting some outings.