Oooh! Horrible liars!!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Remember lame mare? The mare that owners want me to bring on and jump for me to sell? Mare that the vet (her own vet!) told me had virtually no flexion in her near fore fetlock and certainly should NOT be jumping??
Well, I tried and tried to speak to owners in person with no luck, so finally got them on the phone today. Tried to break it as gently as possible that the mare had no movement and that it was IMO unreasonable/ cruel to jump her... Deliberately did NOT mention what the vet said and BINGO, mum told me that the vet checked the mare out pre-purchase and told her she was fine!!!
Either the vet did a very shabby job (or perhaps oked her for gentle hacking) or someone is telling a big fat lie!!
Anyway, owner HAS agreed to get vet out again to see the mare 'working' *shudder* because I don't think owner really believes me!!!

Fairynuff

Visit site
Yeh, but at least the vet is coming out. Be there if you can and question the vet if you feel that things are being blurred over. Its hard being someone who knows a bit more than the idiots who are the owners and you need to have verrrry thick skin but I think you will manage-girl after my own heart that you are. Keep up the good work PF, youll educate them in the end (or die in the process) .
grin.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
That's true; I'm very pleased that they've agreed to get the vet out, and the owners actually asked that I should be there to ride the horse for her so I will certainly ask lots of questions!!
Vet will also be able to confirm that it's an old injury and that they bought her in that state!
Will try not to die in attempt to educate eejit horse owners!!
grin.gif
I'm certainly learning alot in the art of diplomacy; Telling people that they've done something incredibly stupid without directly blaming them!!

Fairynuff

Visit site
Like me , youre learning. Diplomacy for me is difficult, I dont take to idiots very well, specially when there are animals in the middle. M.
crazy.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I can do diplomacy-for-the-benefit-of-the-animal... if sucking up, simpering, making (insincere) excuses *bleurgh* will get a vet or proper care for a horse/other animal, then I'll do it...
grin.gif

Mostly I just want to punch them though!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif