Oops - dopey child - bloomin' unbelieveable!

JAK

Visit site
MD has dislocated her shoulder - it was put back immediately but the surrounding muscles are really swollen & she now has one shoulder sitting a good 2 inches higher than the other one!
(Should point out she does this quite a lot, as she is seriously double-jointed & occasionally puts her ankle out & falls over whilst just walking, so PE lessons are fairly fraught with danger tbh!)

And how did she do this? Bronced off? Nope! Thrown off when pony put in one of its trademark evil stops at a jump? Nope? Knocked over by youngsters in field? Nope!
(She was throwing & catching one of those ruddy leaves that spin as they fall back down & eventually when she threw it up into the air.........! Unbelievable! lol)

Rachel_M

Visit site
Ouch! Poor lass! Give the girl a big bar of chocolate! Hope she gets better soon
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
Yes, lots of chocolate is definitely in order! lol
She squawked & swore quite a lot, so I'm presuming it hurt a fair bit!

Am getting quite worried now as she is taking PE as a separate GCSE subject & has already had to drop out of one 'bleep test' (where she normally scores very highly!) as her ankle gave way & she was unable to even walk, never mind run!

Apparently they do grow out of this extreme double-jointedness eventually but not sure when?!

Patches

Visit site
Oh poor MD!

Hannah used to "pop her elbows" when she was younger. Happened such a lot and was sheer agony for her until it was put back in place. You could hold her hand and she'd pull away ... and "POP". Horrid.

She grew out of that though. Sounds very sore for MD. Lots of tea and sympathy is in order.

Rachel_M

Visit site
Has the school said anything against her doing the PE GCSE? Due to her history?

I tell you what. She is VERY committed if she is willing to go through all that
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
I have said as little s possible to school tbh, as MD is not exactly the most academic of kids & she was desparate to do the PE course! Hope I didn't make a mistake there - she has grown a lot recently in height, so hoping that this growth spurt has something to do with it?
(Will have to go & speak to school now though, as there's been so many instances over the last few months!)

She has given up gymnastics now, due to increased falling but the only other sport we had to knock on the head was kickboxing, as her feet just couldn't take the strain sadly!
She is fine at karate though, has seldom had a problem there but just as well she resisted her sister's attempts to get her to take up judo, they'd have been putting her back together every 5 minutes! lol

Three

Visit site
Poor MD, every sympathy. My eldest boy is also doing GCSE PE - and is also liable to damage himself at the drop of a hat! However, doubt even he could do as yours did.

Hope you've now pointed out how dangerous those nasty leaves can be!!
wink.gif

Pidge

Visit site
Oops it could only happen to MD couldn't it! Send her love from me, Pidge, Chris and Sunny xxxxx
Will try to send the photos via mums email as virgin media keeps crashing when I try to add attachments
mad.gif
Have you had your done yet?