Oops! I did it again...

Tia

Visit site
Is that how the song goes, LOL!!

I bought a new horse yesterday. Beautiful Registered Paint mare - 8 years old, 14.2hh palomino (yuck hate palomino's).......BUT she is such a beautifully put together little horse so colour became sort of irrelevant.......until I got her papers and saw that she is homozygous!! Then it became VERY relevant, LOL!!
laugh.gif

Now I just happen to have a Registered Paint stallion......
grin.gif
So the offspring should be palomino tobiano....how cool will that be!

I am so happy, so far she has proved to be a little star; perfect to load, we didn't arrive home till after dark last night and she just popped off the trailer and into the corral. Everything done in such a calm manner. I haven't ridden her yet so guess what one of my first jobs today will be, LOL!!

Fairynuff

Visit site
Tia, you seem to be blessed with the luck of the Irish! How do you do it??? Good to see you back, I take it the hard haying season is over at last. How did it go? Mairi.
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
Haying was tedious and seemed to go on indefinitely!! It took a whole month to cut, bale and get every bale stacked in the barn. Very hard work but it is worth it as already we have a number of orders which are paid for upfront - so we should be able to eat well this winter
grin.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Do they do tests on all coloured horses to find out about colour and the chances of it being bred on? I often see coloured stallions being advertised 100% guarranted to throw coloured. Does it make them more valuable? Sorry a bit clueless on this but interested.

Congrats on new horse.

Fairynuff

Visit site
How many cuts do you get in a season-over here we usually get two.The first is in May and is the better cut, the second is August which more or less fills bellies without being too nutrient full. I read a report in "The Horse" mag that often the August cut in the States is often the best due to stable climatic conditions and not too much water which will leach out nutrients.Is it the same for you? Glad your hard work is paying off, now go and have a large G and T and relax. M.
smile.gif