opinion needed please

First Time Mum

Visit site
Hi all after a bit of advice. Am well and truley pee'd off.
My wonderful 3 year old is unfortunately not going to grow big enough for me she is currently 15.2 and I am 5'11 so she in practical sense we are not going to be able to event together as I dont think it would be fair on her. She is fairly light build, will chunk up as she fills out but is never going to be stocky.
She was backed a couple of months ago walking, trotting and been out on the longlines out hacking although due to weather didnt go our ridden. She has been as good as gold throughout the whole process.
What would you do wait until spring to sell or sell now? She is turned away so what would you expect to see a turned away 3 year old do if you went to see it.

be positive

Visit site
I would wait until spring, get her back into light work just doing the basics, hacking out, maybe popping a pole, ready for someone to take on through the summer.
You stand a better chance of a decent return if you do this, if you try and sell now from the field people may be suspicious, they still might want to see her ridden and most will want her vetted, it can be very time consuming at a time of year when there are usually not enough hours in the day anyway.

Luci07

Visit site
How much bigger do you need? as I would expect a 3 year to still be growing. My 5 year old has gone from 16.1 to just under 16.3 this year and previous 4 year old went 16.3 to 17.1 as a 5 year old.

ecrozier

Visit site
I also bought a 15.2/3 three year old, who was 16.1 as a four year old and not a million miles off 17hh as a six year old. He also went from a M saddle fitting at 4 to W now.
But if you do sell, I would agree you would get a much better return in the spring with her back in work.

First Time Mum

Visit site
Thanks guys that makes me feel a bit more positive. Think I will keep until at least spring to see what happens - she is so lovely I am trying to put it off as long as possible

jackpolling

Visit site
I'd defo keep until spring I brought my lad at 3 and a half and had serious reservations about his size (his price reflected this also as she never thought he'd make a decent height) and he was 14.3-15 h with shoes and had no chest like sitting on a razor to! He's now 6 and a decent 16hh filled out to suit and id say I had a bargain with him :)

rowy

Visit site
my 3.5 year old is 15.1hh and I expect her to make 16hh as she has a lot of growing to do!
Maybe post a pic? you can usually tell the ones that look like they will have a late growth spurt.

But in answer to your other question def wait until spring and put up for sale at the beginning of the spring having walk, trot and canter under saddle and popped some small fences and you should get lots of interest and good price at that time of year :)