Just wondering what you opinion o
n his breeding, and conformation ect..
537563_10152614306110461_292169389_n.jpg

549353_10152617442780461_1890708110_n.jpg

858730_338379942949686_2034102279_o.jpg

Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
OMG he looks like mine! Even down to the dodgy topline...
He is lovely - how is he bred? Age, height etc?
Mime the day I got him
Princeday1008_zps4499bff3.jpg

TandD

Visit site
i no very little on conformation - but defo some TB in there!!!
but i was thinking that he looks quite skinny and his back end looks 'wrong'
then i saw your earlier pic and i take it all back!!!!!
when was the earlier pic taken?

Parkbridge dream

Visit site
He's a 17.1 tb hes 8

Mr Prospector
Hubbly bubbly
Din
Parkbridge dream
Coqulin
Casita Dream-
Lady Casita

As you can see from the pictures he was bought in an awful state.. The owner said that it was his ''racing weight'' that all thoroughbreds should look like it..

That last photo was may/june time when i went to view him
Then the other ones were a couple of weeks ago

Parkbridge dream

Visit site
okay it wouldn't let me lay it out

Sire; hubbly bubbly Grandsire; mr prospector granddam; din
Dam; casita dream Grandsire; coquelin granddam; lady casita

Emilieu

Visit site
He's turning nine this month (so officially nine already) and 17 hh -I couldnt find a height for mr prospector when I looked but I wonder if that's where it comes from since they are both leggy chaps! His sire is Gulch who at 29 is still going strong - mr p made it to his late 20s too so I'm hoping that is a sign of longevity in the blood!
Your boy looks like he's come on massively with you, well done.

Parkbridge dream

Visit site
Ahh paddy is 9 on the 19th of April. At least i have a comparison when he gets more weight and muscle on him and i did the same thing i think mr p was 16.3 I'm not quite sure i cant seem to find much information about his sire or dam either. All i know is his dam is 19 now. And his sire is in his 20s. Thank you hes come on soo much! I can lead him to the field now without been killed.

Emilieu

Visit site
Ha ha they must have pretty different temperaments then, deano is like a big labrador, especially on the ground. Follows you like a lamb even now when he's coming off 15 weeks box rest.
How long did he race for?

Parkbridge dream

Visit site
No he's golden now once i had him he stopped acting like a prat.. his old owner ruined him haha he'd go bronking out his stable, he'd rear/buck with you, you couldn't hack him, they fed him bran and chaff.. And now my little brother leads him to and from the field he's like a puppy to haha never puts a foot wrong. And urmm a year i think he finished last year :')

Emilieu

Visit site
Well Deans has had a good bit longer to chill out then, he came out of racing when he was four or five! Best of luck, look forward to the updates and seeing him progress x

1stclassalan

Visit site

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I think he's really nice. He will be stunning once he has more top line. I love his front legs. Really nice length of forearm and short cannon bones. His shoulder could do with being a little more sloping and he is very slightly sickle hocked, but I do really like him.

Parkbridge dream

Visit site
Thank you hes getting there. And i agree his front end is a lot better than his back. We are slowly getting into a permanent outline and trying to build up his topline!

hihosilver

Visit site
wow what a difference! he is lovely now just needs a bit more topline that will come. How on earth did he have enough energy to race poor boy. Seems he has now fallen on his feet. Well done.:D

FinalFurlong

Visit site
Big improvement! Needs a bit more muscle but that can obviously be built up.

Racehorses can become really bad in the wrong hands so luckily you got him and now he's in the right hands. 'Racing weight' what a load of rubbish he was a lot thinner than the racehorses I ride who are IN training, we wouldn't let them get like that!

But yeah big improvement!

Holly Hocks

Visit site
When I first saw your photo OP, I actually went to get one of my photos of a horse I schooled to sell on as I thought it was him......this is the one I did some work on.....a big rangy 17.1hh
Elvis.jpg

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Actually Mr P and Gulch were not leggy chaps. I worked with Gulch. Yeah, I am that old. You had to be careful around him at all times. I watched him rip the sleeve clean off a workers jacket. Thankfully his arm was fine!

Lovely boy!

Terri