Opinions at Events

happyhack

Visit site
I was grooming for my boss on sunday at an event (i wont say which one). she had just completed the dressage phase and after a 15 min warm up was walking the horse around before entering the SJ arena. I was stood next to a person who felt it necessary to make her opinions known about the horse, and rider-stating that she was RUDE for walking her horse around her competitors horse (who was stood in the way). She then commented that it was cruel when my boss gave the horse a couple of 'wake up we've got work to do' smacks!! And then went on to criticise the horses way of going and saying that she did no look comfortable over jumps. I of course stood up for my rider and the mare and was shaking furiously!! I was so angry. dont get me wrong, I have no problem with people having an opinion (i am quite opinionated myself) but when at event-take a look around before commenting!!

And for those of you wondering how we got on-unfortunately after scoring 33 in dressage she was eliminated after a knockdown and refusals-gutted. But she had an accident in a lesson in the week where she got a pole trapped between her legs and her confidence was knocked.

<span style="color:green"> Does she look uncomfortable jumping to you? </span>
936183742133_0_ALB.jpg

Rambo

Visit site
Looks happy enough to me....but there's always someone with an opinion at a show or event. I should just try to let it wash over you, and let the results speak for themselves
crazy.gif

Taz975

Visit site
I know thats happened to me before...some smarta** loudly saying how incapable I was and how I rode the horse wrongly in front of my boyfriend, who got a bit shirty, but then the bloke twigged and shut up and started singing my horses praises !
It can be upsetting though, but just let it go over your head, they're probably just jealous!

happyhack

Visit site
I wish that was the case-think they were just smug @rse's!! They finished 3rd!! I'm proud of her though-she tried her heart out!!

dieseldog

Visit site
Happened to me recently, my sister came in and the woman next to me obviously didn't know who I was as she announced in a very loud voice 'I wonder if this horse has got its form back' I asked her what she meant and she said it hasn't got placed in ages. OK, BTW the horse has been placed at every show it's been to apart from a couple this year where it was the fastest 4 faults, and this is in 1.20 classes. Felt like pointing out how cr*p her son is but didn't.

crazyfrog

www.sullivangatz.com
hi,
i agree that everyone is allowed to have their own opinion and maybe you would have been better to walk away,never the less no matter how a horse goes or looses his confidence i've never heard of giving a smack to a horse to get his attention"to go to work",this would more likely wind up the horse or get him upset!!!!????

--------------------