opinions everybody please ebay problem

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Some of you will recall a person from Spain buying a saddle I advertised on ebay despite it saying postage to UK and Ireland only.
I went to the trouble of sorting the postage out (trip to the PO to get it weighed then carted the box round for over a week whilst she replied) then posted it.
I've just had the most awful email from her accusing me of sending a saddle that was split on the seat (no way, I have pics of it), filthy dirty and not as described.
I am stunned, it was obviously an old saddle from the pics, but certainly clean as the pics show and completely un-damaged. I wrapped it in loads of bubble wrap and polystyrene pieces and all I can think of is either it got damaged in transit, or she is working some sort of scam to get a discount on the stuff she buys..
Her feedback to people who have complained about her is vitriolic so I am expecting a negative feedback which is sooo unfair.
Any advice what to do or say?
I have suggested she phone me, and completely denied conning her, I am so upset at being accused, but need proof . Don't suppose anyone could swap the saddle in transit do you?
ideas, comments welcomed, the saddle sold for £109 I think, it was a well used barnsby dressage which had been checked over by my saddler not long ago.

Toadeyes

www.hamletshouse.co.uk
Sounds like a scam to me. I've had this sort of problem before.

I demanded they return the item if they felt it unsatisfactory. They soon changed their tune and then maintained they now wanted to keep the item providing we dropped the price.

We didnt back down. We mantained they return the item or keep it for the full price they paid for it.

Tia

Visit site
Could you have your saddler write up a report for you and contact Ebay direct informing them of the problem you are having with said purchaser?

Alternatively tell her to send the saddle back and you will refund her money.

kick_On

Visit site
i'm not up on ebay but can't you response to her feedback, i would suggest that you write what you've just said on forum!!! about only uk and ireland, then going and sorting out postage and packing etc.......
and then people in future can see what happened
Does sounds like a bit of a scam, if no photo sent in email how do you know it's same saddle????

rema

Visit site
I would get intouch with Ebay!!.The last thing you want is Negative feedback even though it wasent your fault if the saddle got damaged during transit!.Maybe if you can come to some arrangement for the saddle you can both mutually agree to withdraw from the sale!.I dont know what else you can do.What a bummer.
frown.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
Has she sent pictures of the damage to the seat? If the damage has occurred since the pictures you posted on ebay, the saddle was obviously damaged in transit (or by her?) and you should be covered by the post office's insurance. If she hasn't sent pictures, you could call her bluff and ask that she return the saddle at her expense, and then you will refund the price of the saddle only on receipt. Sounds like a scam to me, contact ebay.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
There is nothing you can do really with these scammers. It is just a lesson learnt for next time. To be honest one negative feedback does not worry people that much. I would suggest that you tell her that you have proof that the saddle left you undamaged. If she can send you pictures of the damage you will make a claim on the post office (however I assume that you will only be covered for the minimum £30 unless you took out extra insurance). If she cannot produce a picture then she can get stuffed. If the picture shows a different saddle or that yours has been damaged, then she may have a valid claim which is unfortunate for both of you and you will need to communicate with each other to try to come to some sort of resolution. If you are not worried about any feedback she may leave, then just ignore it and she may well go away. Wonder if she lives near Weezy's sister - would be a convenient place to drop it off and have it inspected!

Malibu

Visit site
i woudl contact ebay and tell them full story say that saddler looked over saddle show pics etc and suggest she may betrying a scam and that she has bad feedback and you dont

Weezy

Visit site
Sue I am happy to help with this - I know she was in Cadiz area but what town?

I think she is scamming and would agree with FMM that she needs to send you a piccie!

sojeph

Visit site
Call her bluff and ask her to send it back and you'll refund her minus postage. If she give you dodgy feedback you can respond to it so at least you can put your side across.

Evadiva1514

Visit site
From previous experience and dealings with Ebay, i don't think ebay will be able to do too much to help unfortunately. I was involved with a saddle scam some months back now where i paid for a show saddle via paypal and the scam seller had no bonefide tel no or address. Turned out he had scammed several hundred pounds from several buyers all over the world. Throughout this problem i contacted paypal and ebay and tbh i didn't find Ebay very helpful at all. They took ages to get back to me and then didn't offer any proper advice when they did...

At the end of the day the buyer saw the photographs of the listing and anything that happened between the saddle leaving you and her receiving it is unfortunate but she should have asked you to insure the parcel if she was that concerned. I would try not to worry about it too much and if you do get to chat to her explain your situation, and stick to your guns...

Good luck and i hope you get everything sorted!!

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
We too have been conned with this one....it is infuriating!
mad.gif

Tell her you have pictures of the saddle as it left your house and witnesses to the fact that it was in good condition (IE a saddler). Then tell her to send you a picture of it damaged (if it is then she will, if is not then she will have to either damage it herself or not send pictures).

If she does send pictures tell her it must have been damaged in transit and if she has taken out postal insurance then you will claim.....if she has not then tough. It is buyer beware! tell her you accept no responsibility once item is posted and you have proof of posting. It was up to her to tell you that she wanted the item insuring if she did.

From now on I would put a disclaimer on your payment instructions to say that you accept no responsibility once posted and that it is up to buyer to inform you if they wish you to insure the item.

Stick to your guns and tell her you are sorry if it has been damaged but it was wrapped appropriately and that is that. One neg feedback is not a problem although very annoying. Then report her to ebay if you think she is pulling a fast one.

I feel she may very well back down
grin.gif

Good luck....let us know what happens

lizstuguinness

Visit site
she has no leg to stand on. if your listing said uk only then ebay should have blocked buyers fron countries you dont post to.....

dont worry about neg feedback, and ebay are crap helpwise, i got ripped off by £248 (never recieved item) all they did was say "oh well never mind!!!!!!), paypal are slightly better, they got me back £105.
however did notice that despite informing ebay of a potential scammer (user name random letters numbers with 12 positive feedback all from other users with random letters/numbers as names ALL NO LONGER REG USERS SELING EXACT ITEM I'D BEEN RIPPED OFF ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!) they did nothing about it. IT was so obviously another scammer and they didnt care.
forget ebay waste of time. just want to take money from you.

get her to send saddle back, or ignor her.

Peanot

Visit site
I agree with above, call her bluff and tell her that you will refund if she returns the saddle at her cost, but ask for photos first. You may hear nothing more from her, but if she does leave neg feedback, 1 neg isn`t a lot and you can answer to the feedback that she leaves, saying that it has been found to be a scam. Don`t worry about it as you were genuine. There are very funny people about out there, and besides, £109 isn`t a lot for a saddle, even with a small tear, (if there is one) she got a bargain.

Weezy

Visit site
Luckily it turns out that this woman lives where I grew up and my sister or mother would be MORE than willing to pop over and have a look at the saddle hehe! Forums can be great things!

spooks

Visit site
have to agree with the others, tell her to send pics of the damage and then send the saddle back at her expense and then and only then will you will give her a refund.

maxebraith

Visit site
That must have cost you a fortune!!! I recently sold my retired mares saddle on ebay and was no way going to pay postage on it!! With heavy bulky objects like that i find its better to advertise as collection only.Ok so you prob wouldnt get as many people looking to buy it but at least you know it wont get damaged by the postie that seems to be getting clumsier and couldnt really care less about how expensive the contents are.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Luckily it turns out that this woman lives where I grew up and my sister or mother would be MORE than willing to pop over and have a look at the saddle hehe! Forums can be great things!

[/ QUOTE ]

Great - that should sort her out. That's what I was hoping!!! Even if they did not, I would have been tempted to say that they were close and were coming over ...

Gomer

Visit site
oh how annyoying! I remember you mentioning the saddle - and if I had been looking at the time I would have bid for it - it looked very comfy well maintained though it was old. I don't know that much about ebay but sounds like Weezy will be able to help :) hehe bet they weren't expecting your contacts to go all the way to Spain ;-)

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I have asked for pics, but I doubt she is going to pay £80 plus for postage on a just over £100 saddle. and I'm not as it was exactly as described, had three good pics and was in perfect condition when it was posted
I have today contacted two of her bad feedback people and in both cases she tried to tell them the goods were fakes not real, so obviously she is someone who likes a row.
I just hope she can't find a split on it as there certainly wasn't one when I posted it.

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
I honestly don't think it is a problem even if she can H as it is her word against yours that it was damaged when you had it and as you have photos to prove it wasn't then it is stalemate really.

Please DO NOT pay her anything as it only encourages these people.
mad.gif
They really spoil it for others.
crazy.gif